Hack of Metroid
Hack of Metroid
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||18 October 2020|
|Last Modified||18 October 2020|
Welcome to my first rom hack
Based on the introduction sequence in Super Metroid when Samus is telling the story thus far.
- New Samus sprites and animation improvements.
- Updated boss graphics and Ridley fight asm.
- Crouching function
- Most enemies don’t exist during door transistions (no more unfair rinkas).
- New beam system and damage adjustments (see README.txt)
- Current health and missiles are saved upon using an elevator (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt for more details)
- Password now saves health as well as missiles.
- New Game starts the player off with 99 health.
- Various changes and bugfixes (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt)
Hope you enjoy!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180803-121122)
- File SHA-1: ECF39EC5A33E6A6F832F03E8FFC61C5D53F4F90B
- File CRC32: A2C89CB9
- ROM SHA-1: FDBFC7871962F72A1EF57E5A7E456164FB93430B
- ROM CRC32: 70080810
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A really good hack with a few issuesReviewed By: brownjacket on 04 Mar 2021
I haven’t finished playing through this hack and I’m in no way a Metroid fanatic, but IMO this hack greatly improves on the NES classic. With the addition of the crouching mechanic, I feel less inclined to play the original NES game. The sprite for Samus is the best original sprite I have seen in any Metroid hack. The only issue I have is that it lags at some points of the game, especially when there’s a handful of enemies on the screen. The other thing I wish worked (but isn’t necessary) is if this hack was compatible with other ROM hacks like the “Saving + Map” Metroid Rom Hack. Other than that, this hack is impressive.
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|A really good hack with a few issues||brownjacket||04 Mar 2021||1.1||Yes|
|Very good for a first hack||YodaMorpheus7||13 Nov 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Fixes some issues, creates others||gravitygoesup1||15 Oct 2020||1.0a||Yes|