Mega Man 2
Nintendo Entertainment System
Rockman 2: Dr. Wily no Nazo
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||24 December 1988|
|Release Date||03 December 2020|
|Last Modified||04 December 2020|
Mega Man 2 is a platforming game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Following the gameplay of the first Mega Man game, Mega Man 2 has new features, like Robot Master stages increased from 6 to 8, E-cans that replenishes health to 100%, and support items/platforms 1, 2, and 3.
After his defeat, Dr. Wily created his own Robot Masters and continued his desires for world domination. Mega Man is the only one who can stop the evil scientist once again. But before he could reach him, he needs to defeat Dr. Wily’s Robot Masters and obtain new powers from them.
This patch is an addendum to the AGTP’s translation in which the rom has to be patched first: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/206/
And what it does:
- Restores the year, the Capcom name and the original copyright mark on the title screen.
- Change the name from Rock to Mega in the introductory text.
- Change the title from Rockman to Megaman.
- Now with two patch options: With or without subtitle.
A hex editor, Tile Layer Pro and Mesen’s PPU viewer were used.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: not found
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180803-121122)
- File SHA-1: 3BA422AB145BE22F72836DF76BCA3844ACB6422B
- File CRC32: A4C520FB
- ROM SHA-1: B1CD815689FE6FB74CB60B93538107EC0E7B38EA
- ROM CRC32: F52C67D7
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Riddle Me This, Mega ManReviewed By: Bobolicious81 on 24 Dec 2020
Works great, and thank you for including a non-subtitled option!
The only (very minor) nitpick I have is that in the opening text it just seems really odd to see Mega Man referred to as simply “Mega.”
Version 1.0a Recommended - Yes
|Riddle Me This, Mega Man||Bobolicious81||24 Dec 2020||1.0a||Yes|