Hack of Metroid
Hack of Metroid
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||18 October 2020|
|Last Modified||18 October 2020|
Welcome to my first rom hack
Based on the introduction sequence in Super Metroid when Samus is telling the story thus far.
- New Samus sprites and animation improvements.
- Updated boss graphics and Ridley fight asm.
- Crouching function
- Most enemies don’t exist during door transistions (no more unfair rinkas).
- New beam system and damage adjustments (see README.txt)
- Current health and missiles are saved upon using an elevator (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt for more details)
- Password now saves health as well as missiles.
- New Game starts the player off with 99 health.
- Various changes and bugfixes (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt)
Hope you enjoy!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180803-121122)
- File SHA-1: ECF39EC5A33E6A6F832F03E8FFC61C5D53F4F90B
- File CRC32: A2C89CB9
- ROM SHA-1: FDBFC7871962F72A1EF57E5A7E456164FB93430B
- ROM CRC32: 70080810
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Very good for a first hackReviewed By: YodaMorpheus7 on 13 Nov 2020
Just so you know, I typically use rewind when I play hacks.
This was very good for a first hack. Even before I read the description I thought of the Super Metroid intro sequence, and even though I’m not exactly sure what about the physics was changed, the game seems to handle better than vanilla.
I really liked the Samus art. The larger proportions on her almost never caused any issues with navigation, which I think is at least a little impressive. The boss art was also very good, and the Ridley fight overhaul made it leagues better than the original Metroid.
That being said, there was one sticking point. The Mother Brain fight was aggravated by Samus’ larger size, making it a lot harder to dodge rinkas. I also would have appreciated a little bit of that new art style with MB as well, but that’s a very small thing and I can understand if the hacker liked the original already.
All in all, this was a lot of fun to play and the changes made the game a lot less tedious, especially with the new beam combo system from newer titles, which made it so I didn’t have to go back for ice after I got the far superior wave. The ending art was also pretty cool. This hack is a definite yes (at the very least up until MB), and I hope that the creator goes on to do more stuff.
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|A really good hack with a few issues||brownjacket||04 Mar 2021||1.1||Yes|
|Very good for a first hack||YodaMorpheus7||13 Nov 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Fixes some issues, creates others||gravitygoesup1||15 Oct 2020||1.0a||Yes|