Star Fox Exploration Showcase
Hack of Star Fox
Star Fox Exploration Showcase
Hack of Star Fox
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||07 May 2021|
|Last Modified||07 May 2021|
The first full Star Fox mod using the source code. Many new features including:
- 2 Player mode
- New Ships
- New Weapons
- New Views
- New 4th Course
- Endurance Run code
- Level Features Code
- God Mode Code
- Full Camera Control
and much much more. Please read the readme file & come on discord to discuss the hack!
- Added SNES MINI mode - allows you to select a level when playing on snes mini without it crashing! Skips planet zoom/general pepper speech. R+X+A on the controller selection screen to activate. You’ll hear a twin blasters sound effect to confirm its activated!
- Press R on map screen to fire a comet!
- Ability to turn crosshair on/off (Same as debug display toggle, B+X - Cycle through 4 options)
- *Debug overlay + Extended Debug overlay
- **Added “weapon names” to the debug/info screen
- **Added “player health” to the debug/info screen
- **Added “double shot” on/off indicator to debug/info screen
- **Added “god mode” on/off indicator to debug/info screen
- **Added worldx/worldy to extended debug, moved speed/rotx/roty/rotz as well
- **Added Current Total/Special Total counter for special enemies that affect stage %
- *Debug overlay appears on pause screen
- Get out of freeze+explore mode by almost the same method of entering (X+Start)
- Freeze+Explore mode no longer has any movement boundaries
- New crosshair (HayaoYokogawa)
- New color for Fox’s ship on the map screen (HayaoYokogawa + CoolK)
- Nicer views for Sector X, Meteor, Space Armada (CoolK)
- Added more smart bomb powerups to the course 4 challenge (CoolK)
- Fixed bug where player 2 would disappear as soon as a boss dies, which would not allow player 2 to continue if there were more bosses (1-6, 2-6, 3-7, Course 4, Endurance Run 1+4)
- Player 2 spawns much faster now at the start of the level.
- Fix Weapon 99’s ability to remove tunnel entrances and cause an endless level (1-3)
- Fix crosshair disappearing + HUD disappearing in andross fight (esp course 4)
- Finished restoring continue screen when not doing model test mode (Normal continue screen)
- Fixed title screen bugs
- Reverted score % buffer, it was adding 4 special objects killed to every level
- Added version number to title screen
- Model Test Mode: Select on title screen
- B/Y to change the model
- JU/JD/JL/JR to rotate
- L/R to zoom in/out
- Hold A to “draw”, release to “erase”
- Super boost in god mode - while boosting with X, hold B to boost even faster! (Speed is 65 by default, 83 for normal boost, 123 for super boost)
- Freeze + Explore mode! Hold B and press START (and then unpause) to stop the ship dead in its tracks!
- Move forward with X and backwards with B
- Joypad2 camera controls and Joypad1 camera view changes work
- L+R+RIGHTJPAD to get out of frozen mode.
- Enemies and level keeps running!
- Further refined the colors of Fox/Slippy/Falco/Peppy’s ships (low poly+high poly)(Requested by Delta)
- Replaced the training level with one made by CoolK. Thanks CoolK!
- Created unique border limits for training level
- Added 2 new ships to choose from, the car and the bike from 2-6 (Requested by Delta)
- New title screen, removed sprite of team on title screen
- Fix nukes so that pressing A detonates them on command after they are deployed when not in god mode
- Fixed enemy weapon deflection when doing barrel rolls
- Boost/Brake soundfx only plays upon pressing the button, not continuously. (Requested)
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Star Fox (USA) (Rev 2)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180813-062835)
- File SHA-1: 2E77E250501D9B232630AEECC1E5505CF2327484
- File CRC32: C056B80C
- ROM SHA-1: CF08148CD8F26D51F8C67C956179DFC594E7A4F1
- ROM CRC32: 8FC4E6D0
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|kandowontu||Hacking||Primary ASM coder and modifier|
|Starxxon||Hacking||Code Assistance for Camera|
User Review Information
Interesting, but too glitchy (kinda fixed)Reviewed By: pikangs on 06 Nov 2020
(From revision 6.35) It showcases what the game could do, but at the expense of pretty much only be beatable with God Mode, as most of the enemies can’t be hit without bombs (sure, you can beat the game without your teammates but…), some obstacles must be avoided instead (Titania comes in my mind)… Endurance mode is interesting to say the least and the experimental route 4 as well (is a Boss Rush), the ability to have different projectiles is great as well, but… if most of the enemies or obstacles can’t be hit at all without bombs makes the game frustrating (minus the route 4).
With the update 6.41 I feel the game is now better, but make sure you use any of the default blasters to destroy the enemies and stages obstacles, bosses are OK to use whatever blaster you want.
Version 6.41 Recommended - Yes
|This makes me really happy||lordhaxor||07 Jan 2021||6.41||Yes|
|Interesting, but too glitchy (kinda fixed)||pikangs||06 Nov 2020||6.41||Yes|