Hack of Metroid
Hack of Metroid
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||18 October 2020|
|Last Modified||18 October 2020|
Welcome to my first rom hack
Based on the introduction sequence in Super Metroid when Samus is telling the story thus far.
- New Samus sprites and animation improvements.
- Updated boss graphics and Ridley fight asm.
- Crouching function
- Most enemies don’t exist during door transistions (no more unfair rinkas).
- New beam system and damage adjustments (see README.txt)
- Current health and missiles are saved upon using an elevator (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt for more details)
- Password now saves health as well as missiles.
- New Game starts the player off with 99 health.
- Various changes and bugfixes (see v1.1 CHANGELOG.txt)
Hope you enjoy!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180803-121122)
- File SHA-1: ECF39EC5A33E6A6F832F03E8FFC61C5D53F4F90B
- File CRC32: A2C89CB9
- ROM SHA-1: FDBFC7871962F72A1EF57E5A7E456164FB93430B
- ROM CRC32: 70080810
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Fixes some issues, creates othersReviewed By: gravitygoesup1 on 15 Oct 2020
Tentative yes on this one. The Samus sprite looks great and makes running through the hallways really fun. The new boss designs and movement patterns are great, and I really enjoyed the Ridley fight!
Then I got to Tourian, and I was pretty disappointed. I tried to go through thinking I could farm Metroids, but what do you know, the metroids don’t drop anything. So I just kept pushing on and then I got to the Mother Brain corridor. Everything that makes this room annoying in vanilla is accentuated and made worse in this version. The game lags even worse than in vanilla and there is hardly any room to move or jump in between zebetites. Not only that, but the hitboxes on the zebetites are pretty bad. I didn’t make it to mother brain, and I wasn’t willing to farm 400 health and 200 missiles just to give it another go.
Also, if Samus’s sprite was upgraded and the bosses revamped, why wasn’t there any thought put into something as simple as giving the player max health when they die? That seems like something simple to do.
So make the metroids drop health and missiles, max health after death, and make the mother brain room not a complete cluster-f.
Version 1.0a Recommended - Yes
|A really good hack with a few issues||brownjacket||04 Mar 2021||1.1||Yes|
|Very good for a first hack||YodaMorpheus7||13 Nov 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Fixes some issues, creates others||gravitygoesup1||15 Oct 2020||1.0a||Yes|