Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
|Released By||8-bit fan|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||18 September 2020|
|Last Modified||18 September 2020|
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima is a ‘deluxe’ version of Final Fantasy II for the SNES. This hack adds a bunch of additions to the base game while keeping the majority of the main story intact and the feel of FF2US the same.
List of features, additions and changes:
- Party Swapping among 10 different members at Endgame!!
- Dark Knight Cecil now available at endgame!!
- A VERY Challenging BOSS RUSH Mode unlocked at endgame!!
- 45 New Weapons! Including Magically Imbued Weapons!
- 44 New Spells! Also revamped existing spells!
- 28 New Bosses! Brand New Boss at Endgame with Randomized AI!
- New Status ‘Aura’ for buffs during battle!!
- Damage Limit increased to 14999! Can turn Encounters On/Off!
- New Areas! New Side Quests! New and Upgradable Commands!!
- New Enemy Graphics! New Events! New Endgame Scenarios!
- New Equipment Screen with DETAILED buffs and stats!!
- New attack/swing/spell animations!
- New weapon graphics!! New sound effects! New items!!
- New maps, new areas and new edits to overworld maps!
- New events! New enemies!! Sprint with the Y button!!
- New commands for characters. New Armors and Gears!
- Revamped shops/equipment and balanced their progression.
- Dark Knight Cecil now dual-wields and is 2-handed!!
- Edge is now buffed offensively! Stealing is also buffed!
- Rydia has also been buffed. It’s a surprise!
- Cecil has been buffed as a tank.
- Rosa can use more White Mage combative gears.
- Kain has new offensive buffing spells.
- Yang, Edward, Palom, Porom and others have also been buffed!
- Rare items and summons now drop much easier! This hack’s main game is designed as a ‘play-through’ without grinding.
- Many enemies now have meaningful rare drops, and all end-game enemies now have rare ultimate drops!
- Lots of secrets that can lead to early acquirement of better equipment!
- Few minor tweaks to the base game such as save points, etc.
- MOST items/equipment are now non-missable. Meaning they will be acquirable in some ways at end-game.
More guides and info at:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc
- Version 1.1
- Unheadered (1,049,088 bytes)
- CRC-32: 23084FCD
- MD-5: 27D02A4F03E172E029C9B82AC3DB79F7
- SHA-1: 41A74EB369A7A91815529EF99AB1B20E20E2BDF3E26
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|chillyfeez||Hacking||Technical Producer - Custom Graphics/ASM work|
|vivify93||Hacking||Project II used as base|
|Grimoire LD||Hacking||Critical Hit bug fix, Adamant Armor bug fix|
|Myself086||Hacking||Improved Sprint function|
|b0ardface||Hacking||Attack Power Overflow bug fix|
|Aexoden||Hacking||Various ASM work|
|Crow!||Hacking||Advanced Equipment Screen mod|
User Review Information
A fantastic mod that is ultimate version of FFIVReviewed By: edgeworth on 07 Aug 2020
Final Fantasy IV is one of my favorite games of all time. (Final Fantasy IV was released as Final Fantasy II for the SNES here in the USA). The characters, the story, the world, secrets and treasures, villains and monsters etc. This game had it all. It held my attention from start to finish and many play throughs followed.
When I discovered Final Fantasy 4 Ultima hack created by 8-bit fan and his team I was happy to give it a try, and was not disappointed in the least. Ultima completely exceeded and blew away my expectations and is hands down the best way to play Final Fantasy IV by far, and I have played pretty much every version of Final Fantasy IV there is.
From the original, to the GBA to the DS and even PSP versions, Ultima is superior to them all and is a masterpiece. This is no doubt the absolute best way to experience FFIV.
Its all here, new dialog and script touch-ups, the characters have new commands and abilities that fit there roles, with many of them receiving upgrades later in the game. There are new maps and areas to explore with many new bosses to fight. Many new equipment rangeing from weapons and armor. Some weapons even have the cool after attack animation that the ultimate weapons from GBA and PSP FFIV have. New shops with tons of new items, a generous amount of new spells/even revamping existing spells to make them useful. The list just goes on and on with the amount of upgrades this mod has.
Many surprises await you here, you even have the option of party swapping when you arrive near end game and can even have Dark Knight Cecil available with his own set of new commands and abilitys. A new Boss rush has also been added with progressive difficulty and rewards after certain progress.
The creator of this mod 8-bit fan and his team have put their time and heart into this mod and it shows. As said before in other reviews 8-Bit fan has his own discord community server for FFIV Ultima with many friendly people and he does his best to make everyone feel welcome. Feel free to come join and ask any questions, have discussions, even suggestions and ideas. The server is very active with new topics, polls, and discussions pretty much everyday.
If your a fan of FFIV like I am I strongly recommend you play this and give it a try. I don’t even think about playing the original version of FFIV or even the GBA, PSP, even the DS version as there is literally no reason to do so. As said before this mod is an absolute masterpiece is every way and is the best way to play FFIV.
Thank you 8-bit fan and the team for all your hard work in enhanceing one of my all time favorites games and making it pretty much perfect in every way. Many play throughs of this fantastic mod will happen for me in the future! Rate 10/10.