Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
Nocturne Maniax - Chronicle Edition
|Released By||Krisan Thyme|
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Game Date||20 February 2003|
|Release Date||28 July 2020|
|Last Modified||28 July 2020|
Nocturne is the third installment in the Shin Megami Tensei series of role playing games.
Throughout its life on the PlayStation 2, Nocturne saw a total of three different releases in Japan; Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (Initial release), Nocturne Maniax (Adds additional content, including Dante from Devil May Cry) and lastly Nocturne Maniax - Chronicle Edition (Same as Maniax only it replaces Dante with Raidou and Gouto from the Devil Summoner games).
Despite the above releases, the rest of the world only received the Maniax version of the game, titled Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne in the USA and Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer’s Call in Europe.
This translates the Chronicles Edition of Shin Megami Tensei III into English. The translation is 100% complete, and at present there are no known issues with the patch. Future updates will offer any bugfixing necessary should issues crop up, as well as the possibility of adding new content in optional addendum patches.
- The Chronicles Edition text has been 100% translated!
- Chronicles difficulty and exclusive extras are all present!
- A 25th Anniversary logo has been added as a splash screen on boot.
- The translation team has been added to the end of the credits sequence.
- The NA Nocturne script is used for all non-Chronicle related content, except when noted otherwise.
The Following changes have been made to the NA Nocturne script:
- All skill descriptions have been rewritten.
- All consumable item descriptions have been rewritten.
- All resistance descriptions have been rewritten.
- The skills “Xeros Beat” and “Javalian Rain” have had their names correctly switched.
- The “Void” line of passives have been renamed to “Null”.
- The “Expel” element has been renamed to “Light”, “Expel” is now the status effect of “Hama”.
- The “Death” element has been renamed to “Dark”, “Death” is now the status effect of “Mudo”.
- The sub-menu “SP Items” has been renamed to “Key Items”.
- The Demon “Aciel” has been renamed to “Alciel”.
- The Demon “Beiji-Weng” has been renamed to “Hokuto Seikun”.
- The Demon “Baihu” has been renamed to “Byakko”.
- The Demon “Feng Huang” has been renamed to “Suzaku”.
- The Demon “Gui Xian” has been renamed to “Genbu”.
- The Demon “Long” has been renamed to “Seiryu”.
- The Demon “Rakshasa” has been renamed to “Vetala”.
- The Demon “The Harlot” has been renamed to “Mother Harlot”.
- All references to “Candelabra”"Candelabrum” have been changed to “Menorah”.
- Baphomet now recites the same incantation as the Japanese version when summoning Mara.
- A single typo of “Programmer” in the ending credits has been corrected.
Note: The file too large to archive (about 1.0GB).
ROM / ISO Information:
- This patch must be applied to the Chronicle Edition of the game only (SLPM-66681).
- MD5 Before Patching: 47a564d2586c497f47f8b67ee17f553c
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Krisan Thyme||Hacking||Full Hacking & Translation|
User Review Information
Pretty much the definitive version of a classicReviewed By: Red Soul on 19 Jul 2020
Not much to say here. It’s not like SMT3 needs an introduction or any kind of validation. What this patch does is bring the exclusive content of the Maniax edition of the game that is Japan only to English speakers, and make the game feel substantially more complete and cohesive.
Dante’s cameo is replaced with Raidou Kuzunoha, which, again, makes things more cohesive, but there are many other changes, big and small, that makes this patch a treasure to any die hard fan.
Version 1.1.2 Recommended - Yes
|Pretty much the definitive version of a classic||Red Soul||19 Jul 2020||1.1.2||Yes|