Majora's Mask REDUX
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask REDUX
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||15 May 2020|
|Last Modified||16 May 2020|
This hack aims at improving the original experience of Majora’s Mask by adding some QoL improvements by applying the ASM patches provided by the Majora’s Mask Randomizer project by Saneki and its contributors.
- D-PAD can now be used to access all three transformation masks and the ocarina, allowing a total of seven items to be accessible at all times. Note that this means that the map is no longer possible to toggle off. NB: In the download there are included two patches: both provide the exact same changes except for the position of the D-PAD HUD (left or right on the screen).
- When using the bow, magic arrows can be cycled in a similar fashion to wind waker’s magic arrows by setting one and pressing the “R” button.
- Ocarina can now be used underwater as Zora Link.
- Increased block pushing speed.
- Increased Mikau pushing speed to shore.
- All vanilla elements (cutscenes, introduction and first cycle, rewards) are retained.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo - Nintendo 64 (BigEndian) (20200502-232230)
- File/ROM SHA-1: d6133ace5afaa0882cf214cf88daba39e266c078
- File/ROM CRC32: b428d8a7
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Saneki||Hacking||Primary hacking and ASM work.|
User Review Information
And just like that it surpasses the 3DS versionReviewed By: PurePixels on 06 Jun 2020
One thing I liked about Majora’s Mask 3D is that it was mechanically far better than the somewhat clunky original MM. I never had a big problem with the various controversial changes, but changes they were nonetheless. This hack vastly improves MM’s interface especially by adding additional permanent buttons for the frequently used masks and ocarina. Now you can enjoy the original Majora’s Mask but with massively improved inventory management. Great work!
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|And just like that it surpasses the 3DS version||PurePixels||06 Jun 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Main Issues of MM Fixed and then some||ClaudeDixon||04 Jun 2020||1.1||Yes|
|L BUTTON TOGGLES MAP.||wiiluvglover64||18 May 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Fantastic||ifightdragons||08 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Much needed hacks for this game||MattKimura||06 May 2020||1.0||Yes|