Majora's Mask REDUX
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask REDUX
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||15 May 2020|
|Last Modified||16 May 2020|
This hack aims at improving the original experience of Majora’s Mask by adding some QoL improvements by applying the ASM patches provided by the Majora’s Mask Randomizer project by Saneki and its contributors.
- D-PAD can now be used to access all three transformation masks and the ocarina, allowing a total of seven items to be accessible at all times. Note that this means that the map is no longer possible to toggle off. NB: In the download there are included two patches: both provide the exact same changes except for the position of the D-PAD HUD (left or right on the screen).
- When using the bow, magic arrows can be cycled in a similar fashion to wind waker’s magic arrows by setting one and pressing the “R” button.
- Ocarina can now be used underwater as Zora Link.
- Increased block pushing speed.
- Increased Mikau pushing speed to shore.
- All vanilla elements (cutscenes, introduction and first cycle, rewards) are retained.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo - Nintendo 64 (BigEndian) (20200502-232230)
- File/ROM SHA-1: d6133ace5afaa0882cf214cf88daba39e266c078
- File/ROM CRC32: b428d8a7
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Saneki||Hacking||Primary hacking and ASM work.|
User Review Information
Main Issues of MM Fixed and then someReviewed By: ClaudeDixon on 04 Jun 2020
Majora’s Mask has always been pretty tedious and annoying when it comes to item management, in which you’re typically keeping the 3 slots reserved for the 3 transformation masks AND the ocarina, which means not enough room for actual combat/puzzle items like arrows and hookshot. This simple remapping of the masks and ocarina to dpad controls is a total game changer and the game has never been more fun.
Other QoL tweaks like the Zora’s transformation water instrument being, you know, usable underwater, or maps you buy from Tingle now being permanent are also appreciated (seriously, at least the minimap should’ve been a basic feature from the get go, strange how it was not only locked behind an in-game pay wall but you lost it every time you saved and reset the game.)
One odd change I found so far was the trade sequence items no longer being technical “trade” items (after “trading” an item, you still keep said item and can switch back to it despite it now being useless for the sidequest.) Not something that takes away from the hack or casualizes the difficulty by any means, just something I noticed and was puzzled by.
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|And just like that it surpasses the 3DS version||PurePixels||06 Jun 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Main Issues of MM Fixed and then some||ClaudeDixon||04 Jun 2020||1.1||Yes|
|L BUTTON TOGGLES MAP.||wiiluvglover64||18 May 2020||1.1||Yes|
|Fantastic||ifightdragons||08 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Much needed hacks for this game||MattKimura||06 May 2020||1.0||Yes|