Ocarina of Time REDUX
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time REDUX
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||15 May 2020|
|Last Modified||18 May 2020|
This hack aims at improving the original experience of Ocarina of Time by adding some QoL improvements by applying the ASM patches provided by the Ocarina of Time Randomizer project by Roman971 and its contributors. (NOTE: For a full list of the Credits per-dev, please check the ReadMe)
NB: Use an Ocarina of Time US 1.0 ROM for patching.
- Text speed now goes 3 times or 2 times as fast as the original (Download includes both patches).
- Collecting Gold Skulltulla Tokens no longer freezes the player but allows it to continue moving. This is similar to what happens in Majora’s Mask spider houses.
- D-PAD can be used to quickly access ocarina and iron/hover boots.
- Rupee color of the rupee count indicator now changes in color to reflect the wallet upgrade possessed.
- Stone of Agony now works even without rumble. An icon will appear over the rupee count when in proximity of a hidden grotto.
- File select screen now displays all collected items instead of simply showing hearts and medallions/stones.
- Increased speed of block pushing.
- Farore’s Wind does not get dispelled through time travel and can be used independently by child and adult Link.
- The bunny hood now works like in Majora’s Mask boosting movement speed when worn.
- Dampe’s digging tour prize is guaranteed first try instead of random. Additionally he can dig anywhere instead of only on dirt patches.
- Bombchu Bowling prizes now appear in fixed order instead of random (Rotation being: piece of heart, purple rupee, bomb bag capacity upgrade, bombs).
- Fishing made easier by removing most RNG and guaranteeing biting. Additionally a win-requirements big fish is added by himself in the top-left region of the pond.
- Biggoron has you wait 2 days instead of 3 to forge the Biggoron Sword.
- Default Z-targeting is automatically set to HOLD by default.
- Burning Kakariko cutscene now starts by entering Kakariko from any entrance instead of only the main one.
- Song of Storms cooldown is removed, additionally it can be used in every ambient.
- Lab diving heart piece can now be obtained at all times.
- Warp songs and Farore’s Wind can now be used inside Gerudo Training Grounds and Ganon’s Castle.
- All other vanilla features (Rewards, Cutscenes and Animations) are retained.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo 64 (v. 20180814-043336)
- File/ROM SHA-1: AD69C91157F6705E8AB06C79FE08AAD47BB57BA7
- File/ROM CRC32: CD16C529
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Maroc||Hacking||OoT Randomizer rewrite, text speeds and main hacking.|
|ShadowOne333||Script Editing/Revision||Text and graphic fixes, Extensive playtesting, Bugfixing.|
|MattKimura||Script Editing/Revision||Extensive playtesting, Bugfixing.|
|Roman971||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Skulltulas, Rupee icon colour, fishing, warp songs, Farore's wind, and Storms cool-|
|TestRunnerSRL||Original Hacking||Randomizer, HOLD as default on Z-Targeting.|
|AmazingAmpharos||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Bombchu Bowling prizes.|
|Krimtonz||Original Hacking||Randomizer, D-Pad, Bunny Hood, Dampe's minigame and Kakariko cutscene hacks.|
|Fig||Original Hacking||Randomizer, block faster pushing speed.|
|rlbond86||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Stone of Agony icon and File Select items display.|
|KevinPal||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Farore's Wind hacks.|
|junglechief||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Fishing Pond & Claim Check changes.|
User Review Information
Definitive way to play Ocarina of TimeReviewed By: ShadowOne333 on 23 May 2020
What can I say about this hack?
It has been a long-time dream of mine to be able to play Ocarina of Time with all the Quality of Life improvements done by the Randomizer team, but without any of the random items or removed scenes, just plain old vanilla OoT but with all the great perks.
Now the game feels much more enjoyable, without many of the annoyances that plagued the original versions of it. I am honoured to have been part of the testing, and to be able to add a couple text fixes to so the end product is much more polished.
Many, many thanks to Maroc’s efforts for making this dream a reality!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Definitive way to play Ocarina of Time||ShadowOne333||23 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Nice||pleasejust||18 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Lens of truth for Dpad up? Ocarina Redux is a real treat.||wiiluvglover64||18 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|The Gold Standard For Playing OoT||MattKimura||16 May 2020||1.0||Yes|