Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||08 July 2020|
|Last Modified||08 July 2020|
Project ZM is a work-in-progress vanilla+ hack for the North American (U) Metroid Zero Mission ROM. It is designed to fix errors add new gameplay routes, tricks and mechanics.
- Enable unknown items – Samus’ suit is now compatible with unknown items, right from the start!
- SM controls – Choose between GBA and SNES controls in the options menu.
- Weapon Toggle controls – Separate patch. Instead of having to hold down R to arm missiles or power bombs, the R button toggles them on and off. A great choice for mobile or keyboard play.
- Redesigned minimal HUD and Font
- Power bombs are yellow
- Super Metroid style item grabbing and equipment toggling
- Auto-charge beam – Depending on player feedback, this will either remain or disappear.
- Walljump with spacejump – You can now walljump when you have spacejump or space + screw attack.
- Fusion style R-shot – Fire a charged shot without interrupting a spinjump by arming explosives
- Faster shinespark recovery and walljumping – When samus sparks into something, she recovers faster.
- Suitless spacejump in liquids – You can spacejump in liquids without the gravity suit.
- Enemies do not get stunned in hard mode
- Ridley and Mecha Ridley are more difficult
- Improved physics
- Faster room transitions
- Mid-air ballsparking
- Shinespark steering
- Initiate speed booster in Morph ball
- Charge beam sucks in enemy drops
World design changes
- You start the game in Crateria.
- All enemy drops have been doubled.
- Low% is now as low as 4%. (Morph, bombs, Ice beam, missile tank)
- All unknown items and power grip can be skipped.
- A bunch of rooms were changed to make low% without power grip possible.
- Perfect stealth is humanly achievable.
- There is a new way to skip mua and zipline activation, but it has its own set of challenges… (Hint: It’s in a secret room)
- The black space pirates are now weak to any beam. Plasma beam is not required.
- Hard mode and Time attack mode are always available.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid - Zero Mission (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy Advance (v. 20180816-092117)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 5DE8536AFE1F0078EE6FE1089F890E8C7AA0A6E8
- File/ROM CRC32: 5C61A844
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Captain Glitch||Hacking||ASM and Hex tweaks|
|biospark||Hacking||MAGE, ASM, Hex tweaks|
User Review Information
Very Fun! Found a Glitch Where I got Power Bombs EarlyReviewed By: Rekka on 14 May 2020
I had a great time playing through this hack thanks to its quality of life improvements.
- Maintained momentum after landing on the ground
- Improved level design. Creating a more exploratory feel while staying faithful
- No more unknown items being locked
- Skippable cutscenes
Though I did find a glitch. After you collect the power grip and enter the area where the ship is landed, if you jump out from that high ledge to your ship, you can collect an invisible power bomb container in the air. It’s very easy to do. That area on the mini map looks a little glitched afterwards and you can go through the rest of the game with power bombs! It actually can break the game by, for example, allowing you to enter Mother Brain’s lair the reverse way and you can also skip Mother Brain completely by just opening the Chozodia doors early and going straight to Mecha Ridley.
Version 0.6.4 Recommended - Yes
|It works!||Pethronos||13 Jul 2020||0.7.1||Yes|
|Good changes||MattKimura||10 Jul 2020||0.7.1||Yes|
|Very Fun! Found a Glitch Where I got Power Bombs Early||Rekka||14 May 2020||0.6.4||Yes|