Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
Hack of Metroid: Zero Mission
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||10 July 2022|
|Last Modified||10 July 2022|
Metroid Construction link | Speedrun.com link
Forum Thread | Suggestions Box | Bugs/Issues Tracker
Project ZM is a work-in-progress vanilla+ hack for the North American (U) Metroid Zero Mission ROM. It is designed to fix errors and add new gameplay routes, tricks and mechanics. More information in the README.
Standard Patch (Proj_ZM_083.ips) The intended experience for new players.
- In the original game and this patch, some abilities are unknown items – They cannot be used right away.
- Chozo statues drop hints to keep you on track.
Unknown Items Enabled (Proj_ZM_083_Unk_Enabled.ips) For experienced players and speedrunners. If this is your first time, do not use this patch. You will be lost.
- Unknown items can be used right away.
- Chozo hint statues are removed.
- Item messages can be dismissed faster.
- Plasma beam deals less damage.
- Bosses are more aggressive.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Metroid - Zero Mission (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy Advance (v. 20180816-092117)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 5DE8536AFE1F0078EE6FE1089F890E8C7AA0A6E8
- File/ROM CRC32: 5C61A844
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Cosmic||Hacking||Level design, ASM, Graphics, Palettes, Hex tweaks|
|biospark||Hacking||Metroid Advance Game Editor (MAGE), ASM, Graphics, Hex tweaks, General help|
|Captain Glitch||Hacking||ASM, Hex tweaks, General help|
|raygun||Hacking||ASM, Hex tweaks, Graphics, General help|
|kiliwily||Hacking||ASM, Hex tweaks, General help|
|cauuyjdp||Hacking||Hex tweaks, General help|
|JumZhu.Diwa||Hacking||Walljump with Spacejump|
User Review Information
Very Fun! Found a Glitch Where I got Power Bombs EarlyReviewed By: Rekka on 14 May 2020
I had a great time playing through this hack thanks to its quality of life improvements.
- Maintained momentum after landing on the ground
- Improved level design. Creating a more exploratory feel while staying faithful
- No more unknown items being locked
- Skippable cutscenes
Though I did find a glitch. After you collect the power grip and enter the area where the ship is landed, if you jump out from that high ledge to your ship, you can collect an invisible power bomb container in the air. It’s very easy to do. That area on the mini map looks a little glitched afterwards and you can go through the rest of the game with power bombs! It actually can break the game by, for example, allowing you to enter Mother Brain’s lair the reverse way and you can also skip Mother Brain completely by just opening the Chozodia doors early and going straight to Mecha Ridley.
Version 0.6.4 Recommended - Yes
|Hampered by too many enemy difficulty settings||ifightdragons||07 Nov 2021||0.8||No|
|Good WIP hack||Lemonov||02 Feb 2023||0.8.3||Yes|
|Great Hack, but Unk_Enabled version needs some work.||Haz||16 Jun 2021||0.7.3||Yes|
|It works!||Pethronos||23 Dec 2020||0.7.3||Yes|
|Good changes||MattKimura||10 Jul 2020||0.7.1||Yes|
|Very Fun! Found a Glitch Where I got Power Bombs Early||Rekka||14 May 2020||0.6.4||Yes|