Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
|Released By||8-bit fan|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||10 January 2021|
|Last Modified||10 January 2021|
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima is a ‘deluxe’ version of Final Fantasy II for the SNES. This hack adds a bunch of additions to the base game while keeping the majority of the main story intact and the feel of FF2US the same.
List of features, additions and changes:
- Party Swapping among 10 different members at Endgame!!
- Dark Knight Cecil now available at endgame!!
- A VERY Challenging BOSS RUSH Mode unlocked at endgame!!
- New Game+ mode with higher MAX level/stats!!
- 45 New Weapons! Including Magically Imbued Weapons!
- 54 New Spells/Summons! Also revamped existing spells!
- 32 New Bosses! Brand New Boss at Endgame with Randomized AI!
- New Status ‘Aura’ for buffs during battle!!
- Damage Limit increased to 14999! Can turn Encounters On/Off!
- New Areas! New Side Quests! New and Upgradable Commands!!
- New Enemy Graphics! New Events! New Endgame Scenarios!
- New Equipment Screen with DETAILED buffs and stats!!
- New attack/swing/spell animations!
- New weapon graphics!! New sound effects! New items!!
- New maps, new areas and new edits to overworld maps!
- New events! New enemies!! Sprint with the Y button!!
- New commands for characters. New Armors and Gears!
- Revamped shops/equipment and balanced their progression.
- Dark Knight Cecil now dual-wields and is 2-handed!!
- Edge is now buffed offensively! Stealing is also buffed!
- Rydia has also been buffed. It’s a surprise!
- Cecil has been buffed as a tank.
- Rosa can use more White Mage combative gears.
- Kain has new offensive buffing spells.
- Yang, Edward, Palom, Porom and others have also been buffed!
- Rare items and summons now drop much easier! This hack’s main game is designed as a ‘play-through’ without grinding.
- Many enemies now have meaningful rare drops, and all end-game enemies now have rare ultimate drops!
- Lots of secrets that can lead to early acquirement of better equipment!
- Few minor tweaks to the base game such as save points, etc.
- MOST items/equipment are now non-missable. Meaning they will be acquirable in some ways at end-game.
More guides and info at:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc
- Version 1.1
- Unheadered (1,049,088 bytes)
- CRC-32: 23084FCD
- MD-5: 27D02A4F03E172E029C9B82AC3DB79F7
- SHA-1: 41A74EB369A7A91815529EF99AB1B20E20E2BDF3E26
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|chillyfeez||Hacking||Technical Producer - Custom Graphics/ASM work|
|vivify93||Hacking||Project II used as base|
|Grimoire LD||Hacking||Critical Hit bug fix, Adamant Armor bug fix|
|Myself086||Hacking||Improved Sprint function|
|b0ardface||Hacking||Attack Power Overflow bug fix|
|Aexoden||Hacking||Various ASM work|
|Crow!||Hacking||Advanced Equipment Screen mod|
User Review Information
Good game, but still need some upgradesReviewed By: Volganos on 05 Apr 2020
Hey dude i’m here today to give you my review on the hack It’s a good hack, there’s a lot of good stuff, but, there’s a lot of bad stuff I’m playing the v8.35 right now, and I’m not gonna get the updated version ‘cause I almost got like 40 hours of gameplay, and I don’t wanna begin a new save just because of some little things new
The hack has some good potential, is good, lot’s of new stuff, 7/10, I recommend the hack, but there’s some “bugs” I think that’s it, I found when I was playing, don’t worry i’ll list them
1st - the bug that reeeeally annoys me, is that when I was going to lose Yang at the Babil Tower, he suddenly began hittin’ twice, you know when you give command and the animation goes right hand attack and left hand? He did it twice, like, left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand, and then the damage appears, and it began to happen with everyone else, literally everyone
2nd - I don’t know if that is supposed to happen, but when i use an item, like X-Potion to a weak party member and he dies before he receive it, the item is just wasted, like, it doesn’t go to anyone else, it’s like i put an X-Potion in the trash
3rd - Sometimes when I was fighting boss I really got upset, because I gave a command and it did not happen, like, Rosa going to cure, beginning the charge animation, passing turn, and then Rosa play again, It’s like I never gived any command to her, like I passed the turn or something
The endgame bosses (marilith, yeti, crystal d, etc…) I found them really good, but the fight against them, is something impossible, even in easy mode, it is really hard, I got managed to win against Yeti and the Selene, about the M. Golem, I didn’t even think of a way to win, I just put up my cursed rings and beat him, as for the rest, I couldn’t beat them, I couldn’t move against Marilith, ‘cause of the many status she gives me, the Crystal D. I almost beat him right now (03:37am) but I don’t know if it was intended for him to give me a hit that kills me and gives me every status in the game, and like, the game bugged for around 5 minutes, with messages like “nothing happened”, “ran out of mp”, “turning to stone”, there was a glitched message where nothing was written, and the message box was cut out, without the lower frame, i had to press a button to continue, but then the battle come back again, but I could not win, when he reach a certain amount of HP you have to hit him with the last act you hit, otherwise you can’t hit him, eg: less than 10.000 HP he changes the way of fighting, so if you use Flare on him and he goes below 10.000 HP, you have to hit him with magic to deal damage, if you attack physically, it just don’t work, so please, make the bosses beatable,
The Protect, Shell, Haste and Slow could be much better, ‘cause from my experience i couldn’t see much different playing with them or without
I would recommend if possible, add a frame to the party member with those buffs, like Red frame for Haste, that way you know if he has, and when it fades
Also if possible make it compatible with old versions ‘cause I don’t feel like playing the whole game again
Anyway dude, this was my review I hope (like me) you like it, even if it wasn’t saying all that good, and that way you know what you can fix to make it better
Like I said up there, really good game, I hope you can make it better, 7/10, great bosses, I really enjoyed playing it, even with those bugs, I’m counting on you man, I hope you see this, and I’m not just wasting my time