Hack of DuckTales
Hack of DuckTales
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||05 January 2013|
|Last Modified||30 September 2018|
This hack changes and fixes a bunch of things, here’s what it does to it:
- Restores the cross back to the coffin from the Prototype version.
- Restores the animation where Scrooge’s tail is wagging while he’s ducking.
- Restores the Transylvania music track from the Prototype version to play on the final level.
- Fixes the eye of the native enemy’s sprite.
- Changes the color of Magica De Spell’s dress from purple to dark gray to make her look more like her appearances in both the cartoon and the comic books.
- Changes the colors of the Kronk alien enemy from the Moon level to make him look more like his appearance in the cartoon.
- Changes the color of the top part of Gizmoduck’s suit from red to dark gray to match the rest of his body.
The 0xED hex editor & the Tile Molestor editor were used to make this hack.
Want to thank rainponcho for helping on fixing up the game.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Duck Tales (USA).nes
- MD5 Checksum: D9F1FC1465F9F8EE83F4EB17CEA6B97E
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|infidelity||Original Hacking||MMC3 expansion|
User Review Information
Mostly WorksReviewed By: G30FF on 22 Feb 2020
The graphics changes are really neat, however in every emulator I’ve tried, the change to the Transylvania stage’s music in the last level does not work. It just plays the stock Transylvania music instead of the prototype music. If that can be fixed, this hack would be excellent, but as it stands, the minor graphics changes, especially the change to Gizmoduck, are welcome.
Version Final Recommended - Yes
|Mostly Works||G30FF||22 Feb 2020||Final||Yes|
|Almost perfect, but...||BlazeHeatnix||08 Aug 2018||Final||Yes|