Hack of Arkanoid
Hack of Arkanoid
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||06 September 2017|
|Last Modified||07 September 2017|
This hack is for the japanese version of the game.
In this hack, the game’s graphics have been improved and the game design was revised with more modern play kept in mind. More sense is made out of the continue and level skip cheats, which were almost always used on every play, so now those features have been properly adapted into the main game.
The list of changes is as follows:
- holding the B button greatly increases vaus’ move speed
- new warp pill system
- continue option available from the title menu after a game over (the cursor is moved to it automatically to prevent “new game” accidents)
- starts with 6 lives (on new game and continue)
- displays up to 9 lives on the HUD (originally only 6)
NEW WARP PILL SYSTEM:
- the warp pill no longer creates the warp gate automatically
- grabbing a warp pill sends it to the inventory
- pressing SELECT spends a warp pill and opens a warp gate
- entering the warp gates sends you 2 levels ahead instead of just skipping the current level
- starts with 3 warp pills on a new game
- the amount of warp pills is kept upon continuing
- warp gate point bonus reduced from 10,000 to 5,000
- displays up to 6 warp pills on the HUD (new feature)
- chances for warp pill drop slightly increased
- now pausing works at the start of each level, not just when the ball is moving
- can continue even after watching the demo (previously would send to level 1)
- cheat codes removed (continuing and level skip)
- 2 players mode removed
- v1.03 fixed the original bug where pausing glitched a destroying block
- v1.02 continue option bug fix
- v1.01 improved title screen
- v1.00 release
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Arkanoid (Japan)
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File SHA-1: 02E5AE9D9A7C4D438B06DFD76DCD5CF2563AE45D
- ROM SHA-1: EFA19C34C9DC95F7511AF979CAD72884A6746A3B
User Review Information
Other feelings from ArkanoidReviewed By: diablo666 on 03 Jan 2020
Reworking the graphics, the system in the game itself, the introduction of a “Continue” in the game, this is very commendable. A lot of time, as I understand it, was spent on this. And not for nothing.
In a normal “ARKANOID”, I always lost the ball when the speed increased. Thank you to the author that introduced the game “acceleration Pong”, so you can hit the ball, or at least try. This simplifies the game.
But there is also in this good - and imperceptible error. One of the levels-becomes completely black because of this, almost all the blocks are invisible. I hope they fix it.
Teleports can now be accumulated and stored until the right moment, it is very convenient.
I recommend it because it is a good update for this game, and most importantly, necessary.
Version 1.03 Recommended - Yes
|Other feelings from Arkanoid||diablo666||03 Jan 2020||1.03||Yes|