Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei
Nintendo Entertainment System
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
|Released By||EsperKnight, Stardust Crusaders, Tom|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||11 September 1987|
|Release Date||24 January 2018|
|Last Modified||08 May 2020|
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei is the first entry in the Megaten series of games, developed by Namco. It actually takes place after the events of the original Megami Tensei novel.
It is a first-person dungeon crawler in which you can talk to your opponents and convince some of them to join. There is a fusion system that allows the team’s demons to become more powerful, and a lunar phase system that affects demon behavior (and other things, as well).
Since the game doesn’t have a battery back up, passwords must be entered to resume the game after powering it off.
This is a complete translation patching set for Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei on the Famicom (NES). The translation was done from Japanese into American English.
The set includes:
- A .bps patch
- A readme
- A zip folder that includes fully translated images of the game’s packaging (including the box, stickers, and manual)
Please note that not all emulators support the translation due to the ROM expansion.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Digital Devil Story - Megami Tensei (J).nes (w/Header)
- CRC32: F906ACAB
- MD5: 2334C310475F164384AC504BD9780F96
- SHA-1: 67E1E87844AC4E32734937E4EC967DA259C35F4B
- Digital Devil Story - Megami Tensei (Japan).nes (Headerless)
- CRC32: 5393D949
- MD5: D99BDC0B1E6D146D593E933F74BBE4D3
- SHA-1: F60102AB3B1470ECFBB7FE31FD9392E6B4BFBFBA
- Some older sites/sets list the game as Digital Devil Monogatari - Megami Tensei (J).nes as well.
User Review Information
Playable, but has minor issuesReviewed By: Griever_GF on 06 Nov 2019
It’s pretty solid translation, and technically pretty impressive. But it has several annoying bugs/glitches, so it’s not perfect. They are not critical for walkthrough and happen pretty rarely, but still… Here are the videos with these issues, if someone is interested: https://youtu.be/-I5Nh6uzO6M https://youtu.be/2hDzkKsXGd4 https://youtu.be/wRbUshy1SOc https://youtu.be/_AnXP8TD4Z8 I’ve finished the game using this translation and I guess it’s OK. But I hope these little annoying issues will be fixed in the future.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Playable, but has minor issues||Griever_GF||06 Nov 2019||1.0||Yes|