Final Fantasy I: Dawn of Souls General Notes
|Platform||Game Boy Advance|
|Game||Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls|
|Release Date||29 July 2017|
|Last Modified||29 July 2019|
A collection of notes about various aspects of the GBA port of Final Fantasy 1 and 2, covering ASM routines, data tables, text and others. It is a work in progress, with much to be done in terms of documenting map data and the spell animation scripting in particular, but what is present is already pretty extensive.
Main areas of interest include:
- Monster stats, AI assignments and AI definitions
- Spell and Weapon animation data/scripting (incomplete)
- General graphics information
- Map feature data: NPCs, spiked tiles, doors, chests (incomplete)
- Map exits data
- Map tile data
- Map event data
- Tileset data
- Weapon/Armor/Item/Spell data
- Monster formation data for dungeons and the overworld, sea and rivers
- Some text and overworld data for FF2
- Nightmare modules relating to most of the above
- Many ASM routines: Battle calculations, menus, map loading, levelup, encounter determination, Soul of Chaos dungeon generation, etc.
User Review Information
Excellent reference notesReviewed By: exline on 23 Jun 2019
These notes, and the associated Nightmare modules, led to breakthroughs for me when trying to build my own editor for FFI:DoS. It is almost like myself and a couple of other folks were trying to figure out algebra from scratch, and then I opened up this calculus textbook that explained things I didn’t know to even look for.
Whoever you are out there, thank you so much!
You can peek in our current discussions about editing at https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/920240-final-fantasy-i-and-ii-dawn-of-souls/77737263
Version 1.4 Recommended - Yes
|Excellent reference notes||exline||23 Jun 2019||1.4||Yes|