The Legend of Zelda - Trial of Courage
Hack of The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda - Trial of Courage
Hack of The Legend of Zelda
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||06 June 2019|
|Last Modified||06 June 2019|
This is the exciting new Zelda™ experience that many have been waiting for! Months of hacking, editing, and revising have been put into this project. As a result, a large number of things will be different from the base game. Expect a completely new adventure like you’ve never seen!
Here’s a list of things that you should expect to see in this hack.
- New Story
- Fresh Change of Pace
- Completely changed Graphics
- Much more color variety and overall beauty
- Brand New Overworld and puzzles
- 18 brand new dungeons and secrets
- New Minimap feature (Special Thanks to Snarfblam)
- Great Mix of Difficulty (Not TOO hard, but some parts may be difficult)
- New way to Save the game (Special Thanks to Psyklax for the button info in the code)
- New Music! (To an extent, Special thanks to Charade for his notes)
CHANGELOG 1.1 & 1.2-
The Best update yet! There are now FOUR patches of difficulty! The IPS files are in order from easiest to hardest, from lowest number to highest number.
Many problems fixed, which include- (In some difficulty versions – Door repair trolls), rooms that are too dark, Boomerang strength, item locations redone in easier versions, Start with SWORD in Casual and Newbie, and got rid of slightly overused backtracking and more.
The four versions are called…
~ VERSION DIFFERENCES INCLUDED IN THE TXT ~
Added a missing map to the Lv9’s of Quest 1 to all version modes. (Thanks to erpster2 for the heads up!)
In Master mode, the death theme is different now. Touched up the manual, it now gives better hints! Edited Master mode to make it slightly harder. Edited Newbie mode to make it slightly easier.
Added a compass to Lv5 in all Quest 2s from all versions. Made compass reachable in Lv7 of all versions Quest 2. (Thanks to erpster2!)
Increased the overworld’s breathing room in the casual and newbie patches, it is now easier to explore. (Thanks to ifightdragons’ updated review.)
Massive overworld improvements! In Newbie, Casual, and Veteran mode overworld has been made smoother.
Added a missing key to the Lv2s of Quest 1 on all versions.
Added a color palette to the zip. PLEASE USE WHEN PLAYING.
Many fixes and touchups! More enemy variety in areas. Changed Pols voice’s colors to the red palette. Fixed text glitches. Fixed a wrong tile combo placement in the NE part of the world. Fixed all Q2 Dungeon bugs that “erpster2″ brought to my attention. Thanks again! Fixed Link’s hair shrinking when he walks. Colored in the bubble enemies nose so it’s not transparent. Got rid of pushable blocks that don’t trigger anything.
NOTE- The included manual has hints for item locations, dungeon locations, and heart container locations. It even includes new info on new features!
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Legend of Zelda, The (USA) --- PRG0 VERSION
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File MD5 337BD6F1A1163DF31BF2633665589AB0
- File SHA-1 DAB79C84934F9AA5DB4E7DAD390E5D0C12443FA2
- File CRC32 D7AE93DF
- ROM MD5 D9A1631D5C32D35594B9484862A26CBA
- ROM SHA-1 A12D74C73A0481599A5D832361D168F4737BBCF6
- ROM CRC32 3FE272FB
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|The3Dude||Original Hacking||Everything from the HEX-editing, overworld, dungeon, and graphic designs.|
|snarfblam||Hacking||The auto-map 0.1 patch & various hacking tools.|
|Psyklax||Hacking||New saving feauture. (SELECT while in the subscreen)|
User Review Information
Needs a few little edits...Reviewed By: FullExtentOfTheJam on 29 May 2019
I am recommending this hack because I believe there is great potential here.
Like a previous review, I have also given up at Dungeon 2. For now… I plan on coming back to this if a few changes are made or at least a complete walk through becomes available. There is just too much backtracking and not knowing what to do next. A general map of the over world with a few areas listed would be great.
The game is just too hard in it’s current state and a few little edits would go a long way. I feel as this could really open up the hack to a larger audience.
1. Please increase the power of the boomerang. I understand that the closer you are, the more damage it does. This still needs some adjusting. It seems like it has no power when Link is just 1 block away. It has mega power if Link’s sprite is touching the enemy sprite. Adjust this sliding scale just a little more and the game would be much more fun! If I’m just 1 block away, let that boomerang have some power! Here’s another idea too, if the boomerang travels really far, make it ultra powerful. Like a sniper shot or something. If I could hit an enemy all the way across the screen and kill a strong enemy, that would feel really good too.
2. Less backtracking between dungeons. I’m not saying get rid of it, but less would be good. I got the bag and knew where to take it. That was great and rewarding. I liked it. But now I need a key for dungeon two. I can buy one for 200 or probably find it back in dungeon one. This is where I gave up. Just didn’t feel like going back to dungeon one again. Or farming 200 rupees. Please keep the dungeon keys in the same dungeons. Backtracking for a few quest items is cool though!
3. Let dungeon bosses stay dead. Yeah not cool to know you need 6 bombs every time you enter that dungeon. This was the 1st time I save stated. If just feels like a pain in the butt to keep doing it. As the player, you expect some big enemies to stay dead.
4. Walk through and maps please! I would love a walk through or please expand the hints in the manual just a little bit. I found the 1st heart container. I really hate using the flame on every bush on the screen. And then when I found it, I had to walk a ways to get to it. More on screen clues could work here. Also the pay to fix doors people are not good. You get this rush of discovery and then I’m like @#$%#$! This happened twice so far. Maybe replace them with hints and clues?
In conclusion, I did have some enjoyment when I started, but quickly things got out of control. I can see the love that went in to this. I know the author is an expert Zelda player. Maybe make 2 versions of this hack. An Easy Type and a Hard type. That way it can open up for more people to enjoy.
Thanks for this!
And if the author doesn’t make any changes, I will come back to this once there is more info about it in the wild.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|Trail of Discourage||ViolentForce||16 Dec 2019||1.6||No|
|An Amazingly Brutal Hack from The3Dude.. Again!||Ck||23 Jun 2019||1.6||Yes|
|Very Fun and Very difficulty||alan7047||11 Jun 2019||1.6||Yes|
|Needs a few little edits...||FullExtentOfTheJam||29 May 2019||1.0||Yes|
|Depends On What You Like, I Guess...||snarfblam||29 May 2019||1.0||No|
|Interesting and well made!||lexluthermiester||08 Nov 2019||1.6||Yes|
|Awesome job! Good experience!||edwinmusic||28 May 2019||1.0||Yes|
|Not a lot of fun||ifightdragons||31 Oct 2019||1.3||No|
|Challenging, Great Design, and Fun||ultimaweapon||27 May 2019||1.0||Yes|
|I don't get the point||marchegiano||26 May 2019||1.0||No|