Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
|Released By||8-bit fan|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||19 June 2021|
|Last Modified||20 June 2021|
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima is a ‘deluxe’ version of Final Fantasy II for the SNES. This hack adds a bunch of additions to the base game while keeping the majority of the main story intact and the feel of FF2US the same.
List of features, additions and changes:
- Party Swapping among 10 different members at Endgame!!
- Dark Knight Cecil now available at endgame!!
- A VERY Challenging BOSS RUSH Mode unlocked at endgame!!
- New Game+ mode with higher MAX level/stats!!
- 45 New Weapons! Including Magically Imbued Weapons!
- 60 New Spells/Summons! Also revamped existing spells!
- 36 New Bosses! Brand New Boss at Endgame with Randomized AI!
- New Status ‘Aura/Color’ for buffs/ailments during battle!!
- Damage Limit increased to 14999! Can turn Encounters On/Off!
- New Areas! New Side Quests! New and Upgradable Commands!!
- New Enemy Graphics! New Events! New Endgame Scenarios!
- New Equipment/Spell Menus with DETAILED info!!
- New attack/swing/spell animations!
- New weapon graphics!! New sound effects! New items!!
- New maps, new areas and new edits to overworld maps!
- New events! New enemies!! Sprint with the Y button!!
- New commands for characters. New Armors and Gears!
- Revamped shops/equipment and balanced their progression.
- Dark Knight Cecil now dual-wields and is 2-handed!!
- Edge is now buffed offensively! Stealing is also buffed!
- Rydia has also been buffed. It’s a surprise!
- Cecil has been buffed as a tank.
- Rosa can use more White Mage combative gears.
- Kain has new offensive buffing spells.
- Yang, Edward, Palom, Porom and others have also been buffed!
- Rare items and summons now drop much easier! This hack’s main game is designed as a ‘play-through’ without grinding.
- Many enemies now have meaningful rare drops, and all end-game enemies now have rare ultimate drops!
- Lots of secrets that can lead to early acquirement of better equipment!
- Few minor tweaks to the base game such as save points, etc.
- MOST items/equipment are now non-missable. Meaning they will be acquirable in some ways at end-game.
More guides and info at:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc
- Version 1.1
- Unheadered (1,049,088 bytes)
- CRC-32: 23084FCD
- MD-5: 27D02A4F03E172E029C9B82AC3DB79F7
- SHA-1: 41A74EB369A7A91815529EF99AB1B20E20E2BDF3E26
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|8-bit fan||Hacking||Hack Creator|
|chillyfeez||Hacking||Technical Producer - ASM work|
|Ace_Aileron||Script Editing/Revision||Additional dialogue/descriptions|
|Grimoire LD||Hacking||Critical Hit bug fix, Adamant Armor bug fix|
|Myself086||Hacking||Improved Sprint function|
|b0ardface||Hacking||Attack Power Overflow bug fix|
|Aexoden||Hacking||Various ASM work|
|Crow!||Hacking||Advanced Equipment Screen mod|
User Review Information
Awesome hack, play this even if you beaten the original many times.Reviewed By: liraman on 24 Apr 2019
Awesome game, this is a great enhanced version of the original game, same plot overall but with enough new content to complement every event/area in the game with new moves, new weapons, new bosses. All of it integrates seamlessly in the experience. I’ve finished SNES’s Final Fantasy II around 30 times, but this time it really felt like a new experience.
The game flows perfectly, there are some surprise attack from unexpected enemies, the enemy bosses are much stronger now, have some new attacks and they always drop something valuable. There are tons of new weapons to discover, Your party has many options now as all members can equip different weapon types like Rydia can use Harps, Rosa can wield Hammers, there are some new spells too. I’ve always had Rosa in the rear formation at end game, but with this options I opted to have she in front using… a new holy weapon I won’t spoil. Edge and Rydia have powerful long range weapons now.
All chest has valuable items now. I never bought any curative items or cabins, but this time as the chest contents are different I find myself lacking ethers and cures in my walkthru, not an issue, it’s something that changes how you played the game before.
All of the dummied items are available now, mostly they are magic spells in item form, you have to manage your inventory frequently as there are many of them, maybe too many.
Enemy drops are more frecuent now, i’ve never obtained the Pink Tail in the past, but now i have two of them, ther are secret bosses at the Final Dungeon that give you extremely powerful weapons, and believe me, you’ll need them for the last stretch of the game.
Overall a great hack that gives a big homage to a great game with out must respect. Play this hack even if you beaten the original many times, it’s very worth your time and it’s the perfect excuse to play FFII again.