The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||16 May 2017|
|Last Modified||18 April 2019|
The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom follows the original design of ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ but is edited to create a more comprehensive experience for novice and/or expert players that feels akin to something Nintendo would release.
This hack built upon the framework created in ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ with all due respect to the original author(s), and is made to correct some of the issues observed in the final ‘Zelda3 Goddess of Wisdom’ release.
REMINDER - PLEASE USE THE EUROPEAN ROM - USE THE CRC32 CHECKSUM PLEASE REDOWNLOAD IF USING ANY VERSION PRIOR TO 1.12
FINAL RELEASE - 1.21 unless any other bugs are found.
- Note: A glitch is referenced in a review of this hack- but cannot be recreated by the creator. Please contact jammer506 if there are any issues with this section of the game.
Main changes include:
- Proper title screen
- Introduced a story-line
- Complete text overhaul - Introduction, dialogue, NPC, etc…
- Optional Hero’s Clothes in Uncle’s House (Offers protection of Red Mail - Only takes 1/4 of original damage)
- Edited sprites for several enemies
- New sprites for Ganon
- Simplified dungeon mechanics (Enemy placement, maneuvering, etc… without detracting from original design)
- Various bug fixes as submitted by RHDN Community
- New text edits
- Additional changes to dungeon rooms for traditional players
- Title screen restored
- Armos Boss HP Restored (Outline provided by superskuj)
- Title screen revised further
- Other adjustments to graphics and item placement
- Game-breaking bug involving Magic Flute repaired
- Minor revisions to enhance gameplay
- Text error in intro removed
- Consumable item placement improved
- Color palette of dungeons reworked
- Consumable item placement further improved
- Revision back to previous titlescreen and color palette from Puzzledude’s upload.
Various bugs and glitches (graphical/text) may remain from the original hack, or have been created through this new hack. Please report them to jammer506 using the email included in the readme, and they will attempt to repair them.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the Past [Europe]
- CRC32: 04D55E12
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|PuzzleDude||Original Hacking||Supervisor, lead hacker, main dungeon designer, overworld adoptation, beta testing, debugging|
|SePH||Original Hacking||Main overworld designer|
|Dude Man||Original Hacking||Dungeon design (prototypes)|
|Omega||Original Hacking||Overworld design (prototypes)|
User Review Information
Much BetterReviewed By: Darklink7884 on 01 May 2020
This remake makes meaningful changes to Goddess of Wisdom, including monologue changes and the addition of a proper storyline, which the original Goddess of Wisdom lacked.
Dungeon rooms with insane puzzles (statue-pushing, bomb-jumping, masked objects that disguise their true identity, etc.) were completely redone, and some dungeons even got new colors. Although most of the masked objects were removed, some of them were left alone. Some enemies even have re-drawn sprites (e.g. Armos Knights & Ganon). Two extra Pieces of Heart were removed, and the Mirror Shield, which didn’t exist in the original Goddess of Wisdom, is now found in the Guardhouse.
All in all, these small changes will make you want to play through Goddess of Wisdom a second time. If you’re looking for a hack that isn’t as tedious, give this one a try.
Version 1.21 Recommended - Yes
|Was a challenge but was it worth it?||Revarent||12 Nov 2018||1.21||Yes|
|Much Better||Darklink7884||01 May 2020||1.21||Yes|
|Well worth another play||puzzledude||20 May 2017||1.0||Yes|