Hack of DuckTales
Hack of DuckTales
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||05 January 2013|
|Last Modified||30 September 2018|
This hack changes and fixes a bunch of things, here’s what it does to it:
- Restores the cross back to the coffin from the Prototype version.
- Restores the animation where Scrooge’s tail is wagging while he’s ducking.
- Restores the Transylvania music track from the Prototype version to play on the final level.
- Fixes the eye of the native enemy’s sprite.
- Changes the color of Magica De Spell’s dress from purple to dark gray to make her look more like her appearances in both the cartoon and the comic books.
- Changes the colors of the Kronk alien enemy from the Moon level to make him look more like his appearance in the cartoon.
- Changes the color of the top part of Gizmoduck’s suit from red to dark gray to match the rest of his body.
The 0xED hex editor & the Tile Molestor editor were used to make this hack.
Want to thank rainponcho for helping on fixing up the game.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Duck Tales (USA).nes
- MD5 Checksum: D9F1FC1465F9F8EE83F4EB17CEA6B97E
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|infidelity||Original Hacking||MMC3 expansion|
User Review Information
Almost perfect, but...Reviewed By: BlazeHeatnix on 09 Aug 2018
For the most part, this is a nice hack to have. But there’s one thing that bothers me: the alien enemy in the final appears in the TV show as Overlord Bulvan. So having it changed to the Xenomorph-looking prototype enemy loses that connection. If this hack gets revised, I suggest changing the enemy back to Bulvan and recoloring him to be green, like in the show.
Version Final Recommended - Yes
|Mostly Works||G30FF||22 Feb 2020||Final||Yes|
|Almost perfect, but...||BlazeHeatnix||09 Aug 2018||Final||Yes|