Pokemon Perfect Crystal
Hack of Pokémon: Crystal Version
Pokemon Perfect Crystal
Hack of Pokémon: Crystal Version
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||21 March 2019|
|Last Modified||09 March 2020|
When Pokemon Crystal was released, it was the ultimate experience of classic Game Boy/Game Boy Color Pokemon. Now this classic can be played the way it always should have been!
The goal of this hack has been to make an idealized definitive version of Pokemon Crystal that has every Pokemon available to catch and to fix a number of glaring glitches that hampered the original game.
Only minor changes have been made, see below for details:
Version 1.0 (28/01/2018):
- All 251 Pokemon catchable.
- Pokemon that normally evolve with trades, evolve through the use of stones.
- Stones and items that could only be obtained through Mystery Gift available at department stores.
- The GS Ball and Celebi event can be triggered after Mount Silver has been unlocked.
- Fixed a bunch of glitches such as the problems with some of Kurt’s balls and several items.
- Increased opponents levels to match HGSS (Except Red who has Level 100 Pokemon just for fun, he is supposed to be the best trainer in the world after all). This is mainly noticeable in late Johto and Kanto.
- Made all Gym Leaders rematchable. Just talk to them again and they will ask for a rematch.
- Removed the badge boosts and the extra chances the AI has to miss on status moves to create parity between the player and the AI.
- Ho-Oh and Lugia have their signature moves when you encounter them.
- Reuseable TM’s.
- Hold down B to run.
- Restored Japanese sprites for the Beauty, Sage, Medium, female Swimmer and Fisherman.
- Simplified the clock reset procedure on the intro screen. Simply hold down “Down”, “B” and “Select”. No need to enter in a password.
- Restored the original Japanese sprite for Jynx.
- Tiny adjustment to a single trainer’s Pokemon levels that was missed.
- The readme file has been updated with the secret locations for the legendary birds and Mew at the bottom of the document. (Keep scrolling)
- Moved the 3 legendary birds to more logical locations around Johto and Kanto.
- Fixed a bunch more glitches such as the Magikarp length bug, Light Ball bug and the Belly Drum glitch.
- Adjusted the levels of the 3 legendary birds to have a more appropriate move set when you encounter them.
- Made all but one of the unobtainable decorations unlock upon defeating the Elite 4.
- Made the Gold Trophy unlock upon defeating Red.
- Cleaned up the entrance to Cerulean Cave by extending the ledge on Route 4 over the water. This avoids a bug where your sprite disappears when you start surfing off the ledge.
- Cleaned up the added dialogue by replacing instances of “. . .” with “…” to match the rest of the game.
- Cleaned up some minor grammar mistakes in the dialogue.
The readme file includes a list of changed encounters and evolutions.
The attached IPS works with Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!] and the patched rom should have a checksum of c448.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!]
- ROM/File Size: 2097152 (200000)
- ROM checksum: 18D2
- ROM/File MD5: 301899B8087289A6436B0A241FBBB474
- ROM/File SHA-1: F2F52230B536214EF7C9924F483392993E226CFB
- ROMFile CRC32: 3358E30A
- ROM/File SHA-256: FDCC3C8C43813CF8731FC037D2A6D191BAC75439C34B24BA1C27526E6ACDC8A2
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Great hack but few minor flawsReviewed By: Jormungandr on 10 Jun 2018
This hack makes for a great playthrough of Crystal and fixes a lot of the game’s original issues while also finding ways for you to collect all 251 Pokemon. The restoration of Cerulean Cave is a particularly nice addition.
The only two nitpicks I could find were the low encounter rates for certain added-in Pokemon. 1% is just too low and makes catching the various starters too tedious. 5% would have still had that rare factor, without making the process overly drawn-out. The other thing that goes hand-in-hand with this is the secret location business for the three legendary birds and Mew. There should have been an option somewhere in the readme to spoil this information for those who didn’t want the mystery.
The other nitpick is the trip at the finish line that is the adjustment of Red’s Pokemon’s levels. This is a real shame too, since the rest of the adjusted levels make sense and make for a much better level curve than the original game. But even these levels can’t compensate for a team of level 100s at the end, so your only options are grinding up levels (the very thing this hack was supposed to help mitigate) or waging a war of attrition with restorative items, which isn’t much fun either. Of course, there’s no real reason to beat Red, since everything is unlocked by that point, but it is a big letdown at the end of an otherwise great hack and an improved way to play through Crystal.
Version Complete Recommended - Yes
|Fantastic!||aleckermit||09 Feb 2020||05.04.2019||Yes|
|Great but||Cooligno2631||03 Dec 2019||05.04.2019||Yes|
|Perfect Pho Sho||StixsmasterHD||28 Sep 2019||05.04.2019||Yes|
|Perfect indeed||Luckycharms82||13 Jun 2019||05.04.2019||Yes|
|Fantastic Hack, just one minor change||Vardnar||02 May 2019||05.04.2019||Yes|
|Almost perfect||JoeltCo||11 Mar 2019||01.03.2019||Yes|
|Very Solid||generalkenobi051||05 Mar 2019||01.03.2019||Yes|
|Great game... I have some suggestions about the implementations||TruthWayLight||21 Aug 2018||Complete||Yes|
|Great hack but few minor flaws||Jormungandr||10 Jun 2018||Complete||Yes|
|Turns out to be Emu Edition but better.||Chronosplit||22 Feb 2019||2.0||Yes|
|Great hack!||ShadowOne333||01 Feb 2018||2.0||Yes|