Hack of Mega Man 2
Hack of Mega Man 2
|Released By||Himajin Jichiku|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||04 March 2017|
|Last Modified||26 March 2017|
Rockman CX Ver 1.1
Bug fixes and fine adjustments are the main update points. Zip includes both Rockman CX and Mega Man CX IPS and patcher.
0. What is this?
- This is a Rockman 2 hack made by Himajin Jichiku.
- The rom has been extended to use the MMC3 mapper.
- Now this is version 1.1, and officially translated into English!
1. How to Patch DO NOT APPLY IPS DIRECTLY.
- Copy your Rockman 2 ROM into this folder.
- You can also put Mega Man 2 (USA) (CRC32: 0×0FCFC04D) instead.
- Execute “Rockman CX Patcher.exe.”
- The patched rom, “Rockman CX.nes” and “Mega Man CX.nes”, will be created.
2. New Weapons, Items, and Abilities
- Items 1, 2, and 3 are available from the beginning.
- Item-1 Instant Floor - Spawns a platform directly under the player. Up to 3 may be on screen, and they disappear after several seconds.
- Item-2 Subtank - Regains any weapon energies and your life energy.
- Item-3 Ubercharge - Grants 1 second of invincibility for each use.
- Dash - You can dash like Mega Man X in this hack. Press left/right + down + A to dash.
- Quick Man - You can play as Quick Man in this hack. Quick Man can kick and climb wall instead of dashing. And he can also do faster wall jump by pressing down + A.
- Heart Tank - There are Heart Tanks in this hack. They increase your maximum life energy. They are found in 4 out of 8 stages.
- Quick Weapon Changing - You can change weapons by pressing select + down/up. The order is shown in weapon selection screen.
- Weapon Energy can regain your life energy when you equip default weapon or Ubercharge.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 30B91650
- GoodNES 3.14 - Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (J) [!].nes
- Rockman 2 or Megaman 2 (CRC 32: 0x0FCFC 04 D)
- MD5: 055FB8DC626FB1FBADC0A193010A3E3F
- SHA-1: FB51875D1FF4B0DEEE97E967E6434FF514F3C2F2
- SHA-256: DEB88223311ACA8CA566B99D4063CA29D389D939FEE455F83AFAEC97C6F0A5D1
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
The Mega Man 2 sequel I've been waiting for!Reviewed By: 8.bit.fan on 06 Apr 2017
This is the Mega Man 2 sequel that I’ve been waiting for as a kid and for the past 30 years!
This hack is absolutely AMAZING from start to finish, and it’s simply the BEST Mega Man hack we’ve got to date! It rivals the highly revered Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, and dare I say I much prefer Mega Man CX instead as it’s even better in many many ways! From the amazing hacking effort, the additional gameplay changes, dashing, playing as Quickman, the faster paced mechanics, great music, to the many many other surprises, this is one hack NOT to be missed by any Mega Man or classic gaming fans out there!
Gameplay - 10/10
The gameplay is simply phenomenal! I already mentioned the new additions such as dashing, playing as Quickman, and faster Mega Man speed. But there are also other amazing additions such as vertical scrolling, upwards transition without the ladder, extra items such as health bonuses, auto fire, and random enemy e-tank drops! The movement and gameplay is so fluid that this game is a complete joy to play! I am completely obsessed with this hack and I play it over and over from start to finish again and again! :)
Difficulty - 9/10
The difficulty is very nicely balanced. There ARE difficult to VERY difficult parts, but they always come with a learning curve, and always mixed in with much easier sections. The 8 ‘robot masters’ levels all range from very easy such as Kirby’s level, to very difficult such as Airman’s stage. The bosses, likewise, range from an easy to beat Yoshinoman to a very difficult battle with Cheatman. The Wily stages starts off fairly easily with Wily 1 + 2, then hits you HARD with 3. Thankfully the SRAM of the game saves on the exact Wily stage where you’re left off so you can always come back to it later.
Music - 9.5/10
The music consists of a wide range of tunes from various sources, and they’re all wonderful. My favorites are Yoshinoman, Wily 3, Wily 5 and Wily 6. Not much else to be said here except that they’re good, and the sound effects are nice too!
Graphics - 7/10
Okay, now to the negative. About the only downside to this amazing hack is the graphics. Don’t get me wrong, the graphics on most of the levels and the Wily stages are very nice. But some of the graphics from the 8 robot masters levels really needed some more work. Mega Man’s level for example, while fun and a great level with great music, is graphically underwhelming. The floor and walls are nothing but a bunch of lines. I’m not sure if this was by design, or the creator just ran out of time or something…but it looks awful. In the end, I don’t judge too much on games based on graphics, and it isn’t that big of an issue with this hack as it’s just a few of the stages.
Hacking Effort - 10/10
This is another area where this hack shines most. The hacking effort is just overwhelming…in an awesome way! I already mentioned the additional play mechanics and items, but some of the effects the hacker was able to program into this game is just mind boggling. Some of the later stages and Wily levels display some of the greatest hacking effort I’ve ever seen. And the last boss….wait till you see the last boss!! ;D
Overall - 9.8/10
All in all, this hack is PHENOMENAL and you owe it to yourself to check it out! From the great gameplay to the amazing fun factors to all the intriguing surprises, this is THE Mega Man hack to have and play! As I mentioned, I’ve waited and waited and waited as a kid 30 years ago for a ‘great’ Mega Man 2 sequel, but what I was given were rehashes after rehashes that Capcom kept on churning out year after year just to make a quick buck…now this is not to knock the subsequent sequels, which I also enjoyed as a kid, but they were never the Mega Man 2 sequel that I had envisioned and wanted……..until now with Mega Man CX!
Thank you Himajin Jichiku for such an amazing hack!! :D
How about a Mega Man CX-2? ;)
Recommended - YES. YES. YES!!!!
Version 1.1 Recommended - Yes
|Mega Man CX tried to be like Mega Man X. Grey Mega Man ain't Mega Man X.||Diddy64wii||01 Jan 2018||1.1||No|
|the BEST megaman 2 hack to date||Notthisguy||18 Dec 2017||1.1||Yes|
|Romhack that is -almost- good||MetoolDaddy||16 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The Mega Man 2 sequel I've been waiting for!||8.bit.fan||06 Apr 2017||1.1||Yes|
|The BEST Mega Man hack ever!||mikeH||13 Feb 2017||1.0||Yes|
|It's more than a simple Hack||MagusLOGS||17 Dec 2016||1.0||Yes|