A Link to the Past DX
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past DX
|Released By||Con, qwertymodo|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||10 January 2017|
|Last Modified||10 January 2017|
This is a collection of various gameplay improvements and bug fixes.
- All new, CD-quality soundtrack (MSU-1, higan/bsnes or SD2SNES only, requires separate download of soundtrack files)
- Improved Pegasus boots, turn while running
- Break pots with sword
- Collect items with sword
- Cancel flute transport
- Death counter no longer increments when selecting “Save and Quit”
- Use L/R to quickly switch between items
- Slowdown reduced (FastROM)
- Kholdstare shell fade re-enabled
- Mothula invincibility to L4 sword fixed
- Glove palette when switching to map fixed
- Shield palette when retrieved from pikit killed with ether fixed
- Various flickering issues fixed
- Cane of Somaria glitches fixed
- Magic cape statue pulling glitch fixed
ROM / ISO Information:
- Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, The (NA) (1.0).sfc
- CRC32: 777AAC2F
- MD5: 608C22B8FF930C62DC2DE54BCD6EBA72
- SHA-1: 6D4F10A8B10E10DBE624CB23CF03B88BB8252973
- SHA-256: 66871D66BE19AD2C34C927D6B14CD8EB6FC3181965B6E517CB361F7316009CFB
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A more convenient way to re-experience LTTPReviewed By: Endymian on 20 Jan 2017
(Played on SNES with SD2SNES card, non MSU version)
If you like Link to the Past, but are now an adult who doesn’t have as much time to waste screwing around with unnecessary kludge, then this is the LTTP hack for you.
The original game and it’s glory/difficulty remains intact while the hack grants you some small conveniences that make it that much less of a slog.
I tried playing the MSU-1 version with the enhanced music, but my game save kept getting erased. I am told this is due to the SD card, while it is being accessed to play music (which it is doing pretty much 100% of the time) it can’t write data back to the SD, like game saves.
I think this hack would benefit from a dead-period in music playback right after saving to ensure save data gets written down to the SD card, because starting over after being a few hours in was quite infuriating.
Took me a few days to play all the way through and had a great time. Reminded me of being a kid again.
Version 1.6 Recommended - Yes
|Would be nice to have a guide||Thirteen 1355||23 Feb 2017||1.6||No|
|A more convenient way to re-experience LTTP||Endymian||20 Jan 2017||1.6||Yes|
|Fantastic new features||puzzledude||19 Jan 2015||1.2||Yes|
|Amazing work, but play Zelda 3 Redux instead||Q||22 Jan 2019||N/A||No|