FF6 - Brave New World
Hack of Final Fantasy III
FF6 - Brave New World
Hack of Final Fantasy III
|Released By||BTB, Synchysi|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||01 January 2020|
|Last Modified||11 January 2020|
What started out with my initial desire to properly case everyone’s names turned into a rather innocent discussion between a co-worker of mine and I about ways to improve/fix the original game, which in turn (somehow) became this.
FF6 - Brave New World is a fairly complete overhaul of Final Fantasy VI, featuring…
- Character-based esper restrictions & new stat boosts that promote greater diversity and allow for customized development.
- Esper leveling system that disassociates esper bonuses from traditional levels.
- New and reworked formulas which rescue everything that isn’t magic or magic evasion from the dump-stat heap.
- Rebalanced equipment, items, spells, and skills that aim to remove dead weight and give players more (and better) choices.
- A complete overhaul of enemies from their stats to their behavior to better challenge veteran players and newcomers alike.
- Tons of bugfixes, as well as remedies to many of the game’s more annoying aspects (such as rage hunting taking a lifetime).
- And much, much more, detailed in the Readme (particularly section 4).
One thing BNW is not is a difficulty mod. While it is harder than vanilla FF6, we wanted to keep it accessible to newcomers while at the same time giving veterans a new experience. Hopefully, we succeeded.
Curious about what other people are saying about BNW? Like the mod and want to let us know? Hate it and want to tell us how much we suck? Completely indifferent and just bored? Feel free to drop by what’s become the official forum for discussing BNW:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy III (USA) - NOINTRO
- CRC32: A27F1C7A
- MD5: E986575B98300F721CE27C180264D890
- SHA-1: 4F37E4274AC3B2EA1BEDB08AA149D8FC5BB676E7
- SHA-256: 0F51B4FCA41B7FD509E4B8F9D543151F68EFA5E97B08493E4B2A0C06F5D8D5E2
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
People who say this isn't a good mod like ultima.Reviewed By: Rotnflesh on 16 May 2015
While this mod isn’t easy in some respects (needing actual STRATEGY rather than holding down A, something I believe oubliette wants), in every other way it is better than the US release I played 100 times in the 90s and early 2000s.
Spells are much more balanced, Vigor builds are much more useful, Stamina makes an enormous appearance (not just for the originally intended status-effect benefits, but also for Regen *which is actually useful now*, seizure/poison damage reduction, and is a primary stat in MANY damage and healing formulas.
Evade and magical block actually work now, gear stats and gear defenses are balanced out (no more Godly characters by the time you hit Kefka, like in the old days at lvl 99 with 9999 hp, 990 sp, everyone equipped with economizers and ultima).
You actually have to play the game.
There are secrets to find out, secret equipment to puzzle on, much better translations, jokes, references..Even tricks you can use to make your game even more interesting (I’m sure people remember letting Shadow die on the Floating Continent…Now, there is an actual benefit to doing it, and not just having 1 side quest less to do).
The monsters are tougher, true, but every single one has a weakness that can be exploited. Every boss has weaknesses, and counters for weakness exploits; all items have a use (no more stocking up on remedies and ignoring antidotes and other “use” items…rods have a huge benefit as well).
Every character has 2-4 different builds based on the new Esper Levels for a more customized gameplay (for physical, stamina, speed, or magic…not including tanky builds).
Honestly, I have played more Brave New World than anything else in the last 6 months. ;) And I’m an avid gamer.
Version 1.6.1 Recommended - Yes
|Really loved it until 2.0||Croixraoul1||01 Jul 2020||2.0||No|
|Challenging without being "hardtype", revised without being "different for the sake o||SPennLUE||10 Mar 2020||2.0||Yes|
|A great way to experience FFVI again!||Ok Impala!||27 Jul 2019||1.9.0||Yes|
|Definitely a Difficulty Mod||Phaxuji||12 Jan 2020||2.0||No|
|A fantastic mod, but the difficulty can be offputting||sarysa||23 Apr 2018||1.9.0||Yes|
|A good approach on character diversity||Xardas||08 Mar 2018||1.6.1||Yes|
|Lots of changes including save points||KFCTwister||18 Dec 2017||1.8.6||Yes|
|People who say this isn't a good mod like ultima.||Rotnflesh||16 May 2015||1.6.1||Yes|
|A Definitive FF6 Hack||magictrufflez||01 May 2015||1.6.1||Yes|
|This isn't a difficulty mod? Really?||oubliette||25 Mar 2015||1.6.0||No|