A Link to the Past DX
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past DX
|Released By||Con, qwertymodo|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||10 January 2017|
|Last Modified||10 January 2017|
This is a collection of various gameplay improvements and bug fixes.
- All new, CD-quality soundtrack (MSU-1, higan/bsnes or SD2SNES only, requires separate download of soundtrack files)
- Improved Pegasus boots, turn while running
- Break pots with sword
- Collect items with sword
- Cancel flute transport
- Death counter no longer increments when selecting “Save and Quit”
- Use L/R to quickly switch between items
- Slowdown reduced (FastROM)
- Kholdstare shell fade re-enabled
- Mothula invincibility to L4 sword fixed
- Glove palette when switching to map fixed
- Shield palette when retrieved from pikit killed with ether fixed
- Various flickering issues fixed
- Cane of Somaria glitches fixed
- Magic cape statue pulling glitch fixed
ROM / ISO Information:
- Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, The (NA) (1.0).sfc
- CRC32: 777AAC2F
- MD5: 608C22B8FF930C62DC2DE54BCD6EBA72
- SHA-1: 6D4F10A8B10E10DBE624CB23CF03B88BB8252973
- SHA-256: 66871D66BE19AD2C34C927D6B14CD8EB6FC3181965B6E517CB361F7316009CFB
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Fantastic new featuresReviewed By: puzzledude on 19 Jan 2015
What this patch does is something revolutionary, namely it allows you to play the well known A link to the past game with a new MSU-1 sound experience. This new ASM code was written by Conn. The code is associated with the external audio files with CD quality, but to be able to run them, you will need the Bsnes emulator.
Later, however, the same code was also adopted further for the SD-2-SNES and is therefore compatible with real hardware as well. You can choose your audio tracks freely, but the default is usually the Alttp orchestrated soundtrack, which matches the original tracks, but you can clearly hear the difference.
The patch also contains some fine new ASM codes written by Conn, namely the canceling of the Flute transport, death counter fix, breaking pots with level-2 sword, and the code for the improved Pegasus boots was transfered into the game from the Zelda Ancient stone tablets.
The other fixes are rather small ASM codes, which were also written by Conn. Namely the original authors didn’t realize, that if you wear a cape and pull the statue, your magic meter is not reducing, and that the repeated use of Cane of Somaria can sometimes make gfx glitches. It also fixes some palette problems.
This patch also enables the special code, written by original authors, which was not inserted (NOP-ed out), namely the shell of the Khold Stare boss in the ice dungeon. This ice shell now slowly fades, rather than disappears instantly.
In addition the new title screen was added. Altogether this patch contains a nice collection of ASM codes/features, the gameplay however is identical to the original game.
Version 1.2 Recommended - Yes
|Would be nice to have a guide||Thirteen 1355||23 Feb 2017||1.6||No|
|A more convenient way to re-experience LTTP||Endymian||20 Jan 2017||1.6||Yes|
|Fantastic new features||puzzledude||19 Jan 2015||1.2||Yes|
|Amazing work, but play Zelda 3 Redux instead||Q||22 Jan 2019||N/A||No|