(1 to 1) of 1 Results
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Fan Translations [PSP] [Released]
14 November 2020 11:34AM EST - Update by JamRules
Following over half a decade in the making, the English localization patch for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity has now been released.
For those who aren’t familiar, the Phantasy Star Portable series of games, released on the PlayStation Portable, are ARPGs that have MMO traits but also a focus on single player content.
Infinity is an upgraded version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 which was never localized to the west, unfortunate for fans of the series, since it’s undoubtedly one of the best entries in the Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable lineup.
- Full Localization - The game is fully localized to English, this means any and all text that can be found in the game is translated.
- Extensive UI hacking - Numerous parts of the interface had to be adjusted in order to fit the English text.
- Image editing to English - Custom images have been made for material that was in Japanese, such as title cards, tutorial images, icons, etc.
- Movie subtitling - Cutscenes have been re-encoded with hardsubs.
- Customized solutions - The Infinity Mission feature uses a naming system based on a place and a name in Japanese, this would not fit in English and so naming has been reworked. There is also a quiz type mission which included questions that were impossible to solve without guessing for an English-speaking audience, those have been reworked to be solvable.
A huge thank you to all who supported the project over the years, hope everyone enjoys it!
Please check out the relevant link or RHDN project page for more information.