Mario RPG ReGoogled
Hack of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mario RPG ReGoogled
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||23 September 2023|
|Last Modified||23 September 2023|
Mario RPG ReGoogled is an updated version of FantaKuat’s “Mario RPG Google Translate” romhack, with the goal of making it stream-safe. This hack (like the original) has had all text content in the game run through numerous multi-language retranslations, until everything is curated nonsense. This is not a functional ENG translation.
Much of the text in this “ReGoogled” update is the same as FantaKuat’s original hack, but with some specific changes:
- Retranslation of any real-world references, except for common expressions.
- Retranslation of any content that was clearly not multi-translated (jokes, etc.)
- Retranslation of lines that caused severe graphical glitches or crashes.
- New translations for World Map locations, memory-adjusted to fit.
- New translations for untranslated lines (Psychopath lines, ancillary text.)
At the request of a couple of streamers, the zip file has two variants of the patch:
- The “no-butts” patch, which has no swearing and no clear innuendo.
- The “some-butts” patch, which does have some swearing and innuendo.
You can tell which variant patch you’re using on the file select screen, in the upper-right corner: on the “some-butts” patch, there’s no space between the two Ss in ‘KISS’. Useful mistake.
If you want to patch these easily, use https://www.romhacking.net/patch/.
If for some reason you don’t like these changes, feel free to try the original: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4490/
Original “Mario RPG Google Translate” romhack by: FantaKuat
Original romhack license terms: Repost & Edit as you like, just don’t claim as your own.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: A4F7539054C359FE3F360B0E6B72E394439FE9DF
- File/ROM CRC32: 1B8A0625
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|FantaKuat||Original Work||Original translation and hacking|