Hack of Pokémon: Emerald Version
Hack of Pokémon: Emerald Version
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||25 July 2022|
|Last Modified||26 July 2022|
Pokémon Revelation is a vanilla quality-of-life enhancement decompilation hack of Pokémon Emerald. The aim of Pokémon Revelation is to add as many QoL features from the more recent games as reasonably possible while looking and feeling just like vanilla Emerald and maintaining compatibility with the official games.
- Catch ‘em All: All 386 Pokémon from the first three generations can be obtained in this hack. They’re naturally included through a variety of means, such as time-of-day encounters, outbreak and roaming expansion, prizes from various places, and new (tasteful) events. Read the included documents for more information.
- Bag ‘em All: The Bag has been expanded to nine pockets. All items can be obtained (some through new means), they can all be held in the bag at once, and you can hold 999 of any non-essential items. Items within a pocket can be sorted through several different means by pressing the Start button.
- Outfits: You can switch between the R/S and Emerald outfits by using the newly-added Fitting Room that can be found on the second floor of any Pokémon Center.
- Running Free: You start the game with the Running Shoes, can run indoors, and can toggle between automatically walking and running with the R button.
- Bikers Unite: The functions of both the Mach and Acro Bikes are built into one item (the Bicycle), and you can switch gears at any time while riding it by pressing the R button.
- Faster Text: Text speeds have been increased all around, with the new Fast speed rendering text twice as fast as the vanilla version’s fastest speed.
- Additional Speed-Ups: Battle transitions are sped up by 50%, the HP bar drains more quickly, fleeing from battle takes less time, using Pokémon Centers is a much faster process, Berry picking is sped up, and the game saves quicker.
- Battle Difficulty: Easy mode enables the modern-day Exp. Share system, Hard mode disables Badge boosts and switching.
- Optional P/S/S Split: The Physical/Special/Status split can be optionally enabled thanks to moves now having assigned categories.
- Reusable TMs: TMs are infinitely reusable, and all standard Move Tutors will teach your Pokémon their moves an unlimited number of times.
- No More HM Mons: HMs can be used by wild Pokémon without being taught, and they can be forgotten normally if taught. Animations for wild Pokémon using HMs are faster than normal.
- Fly Anywhere: You can use Fly from the PokéNav map screen, and you can fly to almost any location in the game.
- EV Training: Altering Cave transforms per day into a different layout, with a different wild Pokémon available suitable for EV training and corresponding vitamin in an item ball that respawns daily. EVs are capped at 252 per stat, and vitamins can be used to max out the EVs for their given stat.
- Overworld Ability Improvements: Additional field effects that various Abilities gain in later generations have been backported.
- Breeding Enhancements: Nature and move inheritance has been improved to modern standards, and the Masuda method of shiny breeding has been implemented.
- Registered List: You can register multiple items at once and select which one to use from a list.
- Decapitalization: All text is properly decapitalized the text in the game. Menu items and moments of actual shouting are left capitalized.
- R/S Changes: Various elements of the game’s opening section have been reverted to how they are in all other Hoenn games. The same goes for the end of the game.
- Fixes: Most notable vanilla glitches and oversights, as well as various graphical oddities, have been fixed.
And much, much more! The complete list of changes can be found in the “Changes” text file in the Documents folder, and full credits can be found in the included “Credits” file.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy Advance (v. 20210227-023848)
- File/ROM SHA-1: F3AE088181BF583E55DAF962A92BB46F4F1D07B7
- File/ROM CRC32: 1F1C08FB
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|