Super Retro Kart
Hack of Super Mario Kart
Super Retro Kart
Hack of Super Mario Kart
|Released By||Retro Master HD|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||29 April 2023|
|Last Modified||28 April 2023|
Take a spectacular blast to the past and join Retro HD and his retro pals in Retro Land as they star in the amazing SMK Hack that is Super Retro Kart, yes Retro HD now has his own game where he stars as one of the main characters so now it’s Retro’s time to shine. Join the Retro gang as they race through 16 new and 4 original retro themed tracks and try to take home the gold.
Go back in time and take a trip down memory lane and race through all of the really wonderful and exciting race tracks and win the grand prize and become a Super Retro Kart Expert.
These tracks have been edited and designed to give them a retro feel when racing through them.
This SMK Hack features 8 new characters:
- Retro HD
- Chun Li
- Ronald McDonald
- Bowser Jr
- Red Toad
- Green Toad
Many thanks and credit to all who have made this whole hack possible, took an awful load of work and concentration but soon was able to get there in the end.
Hope you all really enjoy this SMK Rom Hack and please do feel as free as possible to leave a review on what you all think of it.
Good Luck, Have Fun and Drive Fast.
- Made big changes to the Hack, Changed the font for the Hack, Changed up the tracks and added some new ones, added a new character select screen and even changed the colour of the cup select screen, edited the AI elements and the index numbers so that it doesn’t interfere with the position indicator and the AI’s and what place they come in. Changed the item box icon buy the lap timer and changed a couple of weapons as well.
List of changes:
- Changed Ronald’s weapon to his original weapon from Super Niko Niko Kart.
- Changed the green shell and the red shell to bombs so now their both red bomb and green bomb.
- Changed Chun Li and Delilah’s weapon into a kikoken so instead of one of them firing a mushroom at you they both now fire kikokens instead.
- Changed the item box icon.
- Changed the presentation logo font.
- Changed the year on the title screen, took out the demo and edited the font also.
- Changed the design of the character select screen and the colour of the cup select screen as well.
- Changed the small fonts completely in the Hack.
- Changed up the colours of the podium screen as well, even edited the position numbers by changing the font and also edited Ronald’s podium sprite.
- Edited Retro HD’s map sprite to make it look less ugly and more decent.
- Re-did the backgrounds for Orange Ocean, Retropolis, Winter Peaks and Mad Forest.
- Edited the road tiles for Tetris Town and Retropolis.
- Changed the tracks of Easton Kingdom 3 and Chai Kingdom 3.
- Edited Retro HD on the title screen to make him look a lot more better.
- Also changed the music around as well, new music has now been added to Mad Forest, the music in Orange Ocean has now been changed, the music in Chai Kingdom has now been changed, the music in Birabuto Land has now been changed and the ending credits music has now been changed as well.
- You can also now play special cup on 50cc.
- Put the original Thwomps back in as the Akuma ones felt pointless in the end.
Hope you all enjoy this newly and improved updated version of Super Retro Kart.
- Made some more edits to the Hack, edited Winter Peaks 1 and 2 and removed a possible shortcut in Winter Peaks 1, Changed the style of the big fonts, edited Battle Grounds 2, Polished up Ronald slightly on the podium, changed the colour of the font/text when it appears on the podium screen after Lady Liberty disappears behind the scenery after getting shot by the bottle cap, Polished up Ness and made him look more decent, also edited Delilah slightly as well, Put starting position lines in a few of the tracks as they didn’t have them, edited Bowser Jr’s face icon a little and even edited the first screen of the credits so it says A Hack By Retro Master HD.
Fixed a possible soft lock on Retropolis 1 and 2 (special thanks to Icesan for pointing it out) and also edited Phosphor’s lap sign completely as well (special thanks to Icesan again for the graphics and design idea.
Removed the black bar from the top of the screen of the background in game and changed the font of the position numbers next to the face icons when the player crosses the finish line.
Changed the font of the game over and ranked out text. Also this Hack now has Mirror Mode (Special Thanks to Ice3/Icesan and Stifu for this amazing patch), so you can now play any of the cups in mirror mode setting and even do the same in time trials as well. If a new patch for Mirror Mode comes out this Hack will get that new Mirror Mode update. This Hack has been fully tested with the Mirror Mode Patch and zero problems have been found but you can message Retro Master HD#2206 at Discord if you do find any problems but again the Hack was fully tested with the Mirror Mode patch and no problems have occurred. Have fun with this new Mirror Mode patch in Super Retro Kart.
Edited Retro’s kart to make it look more decent and better. Also edited the select your racer text on the character select screen so it now says Super Retro Kart, Select Your Racer.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Super Mario Kart (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 47E103D8398CF5B7CBB42B95DF3A3C270691163B
- File/ROM CRC32: CD80DB86
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Retro Master HD||Graphics||Creator of backgrounds, track colours, Retro HD, Green Toad and Red Toad|
|Dirtbag||Music||Creator of Tetris B theme tune and Easton Kingdom theme tune|
|TioHector78||Design||Creator of tracks|
|The Real Phoenix & Ten Shu||Design||Creators of Chun Li|
|Icesan||Design||Creator of Phosphor Sprite and Easton Kingdom 3 Track|