Hack of Mother
Hack of Mother
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||31 May 2021|
|Last Modified||31 May 2021|
MOTHER Restored is a patch for EarthBound Beginnings that aims to make it as faithful as possible to the Japanese version of MOTHER while keeping the gameplay improvements of the localization.
In this patch:
- The game’s script has been completely replaced with the more accurate translation done by Tomato for MOTHER1+2. This includes every line of dialogue, battle text, item and enemy descriptions, and other miscellaneous text.
- Names of characters, locations, items, etc. have been reverted back to what they were originally, or made as close as possible.
- Graphics that were altered in localization have been restored, including:
- The title screen.
- Character sprites that were changed or censored.
- Enemy graphics that were changed or censored.
- Various crosses throughout the game.
- The text on the world map.
- The “YOU WIN!” font.
Apply the patch to an unmodified copy of the prototype ROM. It should be called “Earth Bound (USA) (Proto)”. For more detailed instructions, please check the readme.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: EarthBound Beginnings (USA, Europe) (Virtual Console)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210216-231042)
- File SHA-1: 505CC723E0C8D66BAAAF9597F21A505A88291F64
- File CRC32: F5EF5002
- ROM SHA-1: 8E9BD7F4D3999C973C1F2C28A995311267586C87
- ROM CRC32: 53A9E2BA
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|