Hack of Tetris
Hack of Tetris
|Released By||Deric Miller|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||12 December 2020|
|Last Modified||13 December 2020|
Meditatris offers an inversion of traditional video game values. You cannot gain points by taking risks, and you cannot affect the game’s speed once you have begun. This is Games Done Slow: the number of sustained minutes of attention you choose to give to the game represents its only measure of your success.
The central modifications to the original ROM include:
- Level (and speed) never increase as you complete lines, so you can play indefinitely.
- You can no longer soft drop pieces down, so the pace of the game remains constant and out of your hands.
- You can no longer see the number of lines you’ve completed or the specific piece statistics so that you can focus on the present, not the past.
- You can no longer see the next piece, so you can focus on the present rather than the future.
- You can no longer pause the game, because sustained attention is the game.
- You can no longer see your score during play so that you won’t be distracted by taking stock during play.
- And finally, your score now represents the number of consecutive minutes you’ve played, because the game has no valuable quantifiable aspect other than time.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Tetris (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180803-121122)
- File SHA-1: A99F922E9DA20B2A27E4398348505D2E9D15271B
- File CRC32: DD66846
- ROM SHA-1: FD9079CB5E8479EB06D93C2AE5175BFCE871746A
- ROM CRC32: 1394F57E
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Deric Miller||Hacking||Sole contributor|