Ocarina of Time Redux
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time Redux
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||24 November 2020|
|Last Modified||25 November 2020|
This hack aims at improving the original experience of Ocarina of Time by adding some QoL improvements by applying the ASM patches provided by the Ocarina of Time Randomizer project by Roman971 and its contributors. (NOTE: For a full list of the Credits per-dev, please check the ReadMe. Adult Link 3D model made by SkilarBabcock, with permission to use for this project: https://youtu.be/x6MIeEZIsPw)
NB: Use an Ocarina of Time US 1.0 ROM for patching.
- Text speed now goes 2 times as fast as the original, matching Majora’s Mask and Ocarina of Time 3D.
- Text revamp, restored and revised based on subsequent releases of Ocarina of Time.
- Fixed graves behaviour like in subsequent versions.
- Properly center the “Navi” text in the C-Up button.
- Collecting Gold Skulltulla Tokens no longer freezes the player but allows it to continue moving. This is similar to what happens in Majora’s Mask spider houses.
- D-PAD can be used to quickly access ocarina and iron/hover boots.
- Rupee color of the rupee count indicator now changes in color to reflect the wallet upgrade possessed.
- Stone of Agony now works even without rumble. An icon will appear over the rupee count when in proximity of a hidden grotto.
- Farore’s Wind does not get dispelled through time travel and can be used independently by child and adult Link.
- The bunny hood now works like in Majora’s Mask boosting movement speed when worn.
- Bombchu Bowling prizes now appear in fixed order instead of random (Rotation being: piece of heart, purple rupee, bomb bag capacity upgrade, bombs).
- Fishing made easier by guaranteeing biting, but keeps the fish size RNG from the original game.
- Biggoron has you wait 2 days instead of 3 to forge the Biggoron Sword.
- Default Z-targeting is automatically set to HOLD by default.
- Burning Kakariko cutscene now starts by entering Kakariko from any entrance instead of only the main one.
- Song of Storms cooldown is removed, additionally it can be used in every ambient.
- Warp songs and Farore’s Wind can now be used inside Gerudo Training Grounds and Ganon’s Castle.
- Lab diving heart piece can now be obtained at all times.
- Increased speed of block pushing.
- Subscreen delay fix
- Extended draw distance.
- Requires All Medallions to unlock the bridge for Ganon’s Castle (original game only requires Shadow and Spirit).
- Unlocked Tunics for Young Link.
- Updated Young and Adult Link 3D models. Young Link is based on his MM 3D model, and Adult Link is a custom MM Adult Link 3D model made by SkilarBabcock, given permission by him to use for this project: https://youtu.be/x6MIeEZIsPw.
- All other vanilla features (Rewards, Cutscenes and Animations) are retained.
Master Quest Redux:
- Same features as Ocarina of Time Redux by default
- All Dungeons set to Master Quest layouts
- Custom Master Quest title screen
- MQ text dialogue colors
- Change Button Colors: GC OoT Button Colors
- Censored Fire Temple song from v1.2 and GC releases
- Censored Gerudo textures from v1.2 and GC releases
- Censored blood (Green) from v1.2 and GC releases
But what if you want to have the censored Fire Temple in OoT Redux, and not exclusive to the Master Quest patch? Or you want the censored Gerudo textures, or you want a higher text speed (like 3x) or want certain features, and not others?
That can easily be changed, thanks to an amazing software called Patcher64+ Tool, which allows you to toggle whatever feature you want on or off according to your liking, so you can create your own custom Ocarina of Time / Master Quest Redux ROM! You can download the software here if you want to customize your own ROM patch:
The tool depends on a computer with PowerShell support. Windows 10 is recommended, but other OS that can install PowerShell could also be used.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo 64 (v. 20180814-043336)
- File/ROM SHA-1: AD69C91157F6705E8AB06C79FE08AAD47BB57BA7
- File/ROM CRC32: CD16C529
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Maroc||Hacking||OoT Randomizer rewrite, text speeds and main hacking.|
|ShadowOne333||Hacking||Text and graphic fixes, Bugfixing, Master Quest dungeons port.|
|MattKimura||Script Editing/Revision||Extensive playtesting, Bugfixing.|
|Roman971||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Skulltulas, Rupee icon colour, fishing, warp songs, Farore's wind, and Storms cool-|
|TestRunnerSRL||Original Hacking||Randomizer, HOLD as default on Z-Targeting.|
|AmazingAmpharos||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Bombchu Bowling prizes.|
|Krimtonz||Original Hacking||Randomizer, D-Pad, Bunny Hood, Dampe's minigame and Kakariko cutscene hacks.|
|Fig||Original Hacking||Randomizer, block faster pushing speed.|
|rlbond86||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Stone of Agony icon and File Select items display.|
|Kevin2020||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Farore's Wind hacks.|
|junglechief||Original Hacking||Randomizer, Fishing Pond & Claim Check changes.|
|mzxrules||Original Hacking||Randomizer. Master Quest scene data patching.|
|Zel||Original Hacking||Subscreen Delay Fix|
|SkilarBabcock||Original Work||Custom Adult Link MM model|
|Admentus||Original Work||Patcher64+ Tool developer|
User Review Information
|An Awesome Hack||gamingcat02261991||28 Oct 2021||2.2||Yes|
|This is God's work.||ClaudeDixon||14 Jun 2021||2.2||Yes|
|The Patcher64 Tool is the Best Part!||thunder135||12 Mar 2021||2.2||Yes|
|A really good update hack.||TarotCard0||15 Feb 2021||2.2||Yes|
|Makes a masterpiece pretty much perfect||Thirteen 1355||23 Sep 2020||2.1||Yes|
|Very customizable OOT||LuigiXHero||25 Dec 2020||2.2||Yes|
|Amazing accomplishment!||PurePixels||06 Oct 2020||2.1||Yes|
|Definitive way to play Ocarina of Time||ShadowOne333||23 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Nice||pleasejust||18 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|Lens of truth for Dpad up? Ocarina Redux is a real treat.||wiiluvglover64||18 May 2020||1.0||Yes|
|The Gold Standard For Playing OoT||MattKimura||16 May 2020||1.0||Yes|