Hack of Secret of Mana
Hack of Secret of Mana
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Hack Release Date||07 April 2020|
|Last Modified||07 April 2020|
Secret of Mana – Dust Flare v0.6
by hmsong, Queue, kethinov
In the original game, among the Girl’s spells, Gnome had two self-buff spells, and Salamando had two attack spells. That made no sense (especially since Girl lacked attack spell varieties). So, this hack does the following:
- Switches places of Gnome’s Speed Up and Salamando’s Fire Bouquet (now named Dust Flare, and has Earth element) – Now, Gnome has Dust Flare, and Salamando has Speed Up.
- Changes the colors of spell animations, targets, and icons of Dust Flare and Speed Up (to match their new elements).
- Reduces Speed Up’s MP Cost from 3 to 2 (to match other buffs).
- Matches Blaze Wall’s Power and MP Cost to Dust Flare (so Dust Flare won’t outclass Blaze Wall).
- Changes the icon color of Stone Saber (to grey).
- Changes the behaviors of various enemies and bosses – see the document
- For the normal ROM and VWF, use “Dust Flare 0.6.ips”.
- Compatible with Relocalized (use “Dust Flare 0.6 Reloc.ips” instead), but apply the patch AFTER applying Relocalized.
- Compatible with “Spell Balance Overhaul” patch. However, apply the patch AFTER applying Spell Balance Overhaul. If you are going to apply both this and Relocalized, then apply in the following order:
Relocalized – Spell Balance Overhaul – Dust Flare 0.6 Reloc.ips
- Hmsong strongly suggests you to check out Queue’s [Secret of Mana Turbo] hack compilation. It has all of my hacks (enhanced versions), as well as a LOT of others (some of which make the game significantly better). It even fixes most of the glitches and shortcomings that were present in the original game. And you can toggle which hacks to use (very user-friendly). It is by FAR the best SoM hack.
- Hmsong’s hacks in Romhacking.net may be slightly different than the ones in Queue’s Turbo hack. That’s because the stand-alone hacks are unable to use lots of features that were available in the Turbo hack.
- Queue’s [Secret of Mana Turbo] forum:
If the link dies, just google “Secret of Mana Turbo”, and you should find it.
If you have any questions or find errors, please PM hmsong on Romhacking.net (click the name, then click the name next to “Forum Account”, then click “Send PM”). You can also contact hmsong on Queue’s forum (address above).
- hmsong - Name, spell functions, enemy behaviors, menu icons, descriptions
- Queue - Spell animation color edits, target color edits
- kethinov - Target color edits
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Secret of Mana (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180813-062835)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 8133041A363E3CC68CEDEF40B49B6D20D03C505D
- File/ROM CRC32: D0176B24
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Queue||Graphics||Spell animation color edits, target color edits|
|Kethinov||Graphics||Target color edits|