007: Agent Under Fire Reloaded
Hack of 007: Agent Under Fire
007: Agent Under Fire Reloaded
Hack of 007: Agent Under Fire
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||30 July 2021|
|Last Modified||23 January 2022|
A download for the mod can be found in the description of the video linked here: https://youtu.be/LCvMeveqpeo
The goal of AUFR is to create a strictly improved version of the original 2002 Gamecube game, especially in the multiplayer mode which was great to begin with but had a handful of glaring issues such as: Slow match setup times due to having to constantly change the bad default settings with no way to save preferences, an overabundance of OP armor jackets, poor automatic weapon accuracy, ugly bullet tracers, etc. I hope this improved version will give you and your friends hours of fun together.
Full list of changes that the mod makes:
1. Armor jackets are no longer found in multiplayer maps, this makes for faster paced matches and gives weaker weapons significance. The optional powerup pickup Shield works very similarly to armor jackets and can be placed in up to two spots in a level.
2. Bond now runs, climbs ladders, and grapples 25% faster in single player, the same speed changes have been applied to players 1-4 in multiplayer as well (run speed can still be adjusted higher or lower in the modifiers menu as usual).
3. The bullet tracer effect has been improved to look more realistic. The player can also choose to have tracers removed entirely for a more competitive multiplayer environment and slightly more challenging single player mode.
4. The number of armor jackets in single player has been reduced to increase difficulty, 00 Agent poses a decent challenge now.
5. Some multiplayer modes have been renamed and re-described to more accurately represent the mode and explain rules better.
6. Various text across multiplayer menus have been re-worded for clarity and aesthetics.
7. The main menu music (generic Bond theme) has been changed to Wine Cellar’s music.
8. The infamously annoying DA DA DA DAAAAH! bond move jingle has been replaced with a more subdued sound during less action-packed scenarios in the game.
9. Sniper rifles used by AI in single player emit a thinner and more realistic looking red beam and dot. The sniper rifle in multiplayer now emits a smaller red dot as well.
10. Since this mod uses version 1.00 of the game as its development base, rocket jumping (AKA explosion boosting) physics are present regardless of which version ISO you apply the mod to!
11. New AR codes are included that change and lock a handful of multiplayer options to their must-have setting, to reduce match setup time.
1. Accuracy has been greatly improved for all automatic weapons in single and multiplayer.
2. Bullet spreading no longer becomes broader as you hold down the fire button (all weapons, single and multiplayer).
3. The Photon Cannon’s charge-up secondary fire mode now fires energy balls in a cross configuration, no longer in a straight horizontal line.
4. The default running speed has been increased by 10% for both single and multiplayer (now 35% higher than in vanilla game).
5. The clawshot gadget has been removed from the single player level Fire & Water, for added challenge and better gameplay. The mission’s briefing text now mentions its absence… There are two ways to complete the final area, use your noggin!
6. The lockbox containing an SSR4000 sniper rifle at the beginning of the single player level Evil Summit is no longer openable, for added challenge and better gameplay.
7. The game now has a custom banner image which appears in Dolphin’s games list and on Gamecubes modded to run burned game ISO’s.
8. Minor menu text changes have been made for clarity and aesthetics.
9. A new AR code has been included that instantly changes multiplayer defaults to all of the preferred competitive settings, with the pressing of L+R+START on controller 1 anytime in-game. These settings can be further changed manually after the code has been activated, unlike in 1.0.
1. Default running speed for singleplayer and multiplayer has been changed to 350 (vs 315 in original game)
2. Fire & Water reverted to original to allow game to be 100%’d
3. Evil Summit section 1 reverted to original to allow game to be 100%’d
4. Multiplayer starting health default changed from 100 to 175 (activated w/ L+R+START code)
5. Minor text changes for multiplayer (examples: “Defeated player name” changed to “Killed player name”, “Persistent Weapons” setting renamed to “Perma. Gun Spawns”, etc)
6. Text spacing corrections for multiplayer mode descriptions
7. Exaggerated BA DA DA DAH!!! sound effect replaced with a more appropriate one when activating less intense Bond moves (such as disabling an alarm, grappling up to a claw spot). v1.1 used the mission failed sound, v1.2 now uses short effect heard when cutting the first lock in Trouble in Paradise
8. Unused area at end of hallway in Trouble in Paradise made accessable, mid-hallway load trigger removed
9. Qclaw tether width reduced
10. Installation instructions/process simplified, Dolphin and Console versions get separate downloads
[1.2W] 1. Widescreen AR code included. The code works for both on-foot and vehicle missions.
Included AR Code - Press L+R+START on controller 1 anytime in-game to apply the following defaults:
Controller Setup is set to 3
Time Limit/Point Limit for multiplayer matches is set to 8 minutes/20 points
Keep Changes is set to ON
Players 1-4 have Controls set to 3
Players 1-4 have Crouch Toggle set to ON
Players 1-4 have Auto Switch Weapon set to OFF
Players 1-4 have Auto Aim set to NONE
Players 1-4 have Radar set to OBJECTIVE
Players 1-4 have starting health set to 175
Friendly Fire is set to ON
Safe Restart is set to ON
No Falling Damage is set to ON
Powerup 1 is set to SHIELD
Custom Weapon Set 1 appears as the default weapon set
Custom Weapon Set 1 is modified to contain the following:
Known Bugs: 1. Bullet tracers shot from AI weapons in single player look like the original unimproved version when using “Improved Bullet Tracers”. 2. The L+R+START AR code changes do not take immediate *visual* effect if you’re on a menu, perform any menu action and the settings will update so you can see them. This needs no attention from you but it can fool you into thinking the code hasn’t worked the first time you encounter it.
Special thanks to: Jopidia for greatly improving the AR code execution and expanding the amount of settings than can be altered, Fitterspace for providing the new banner image for the ISO and graphics for AUF R promotional videos, GreaseMonkey and NotyourusualZero for help with understanding the game code, all who playtested and lent suggestions during development.
ROM / ISO Information:
- 007 - Agent Under Fire (USA) *Any Gamecube version of the original ISO is patch-able*