Super Robot Taisen GC
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Release Date||16 December 2004|
|ROM Information||ROM Information|
|ROM Map||ROM Map|
|RAM Map||RAM Map|
|Table File||Table File|
|Hacking Notes||Hacking Notes|
|Last Modified||24 May 2021|
Super Robot Taisen GC is a turn-based strategy game released in Japan for the Nintendo GameCube, and later re-released for the Xbox 360 as Super Robot Taisen XO with some changes to content and presentation. The characters, units, and setting of this game were later adapted for use in the “Original Generation” subseries in Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers.
This particular game is one which departs from the 2D animation that the series traditionally uses, instead having its battle scenes rendered in 3D. It also introduces mechanics which are not present in many other main entries such as the parts targeting system, as well as providing the player with the ability to capture enemy units to be used in battle.
For as much as it does different, it does retain the same base gameplay as others in the series, letting players experience a story with a cast from many popular mecha series:
- Dancouga - Super Beast Machine God
- Galaxy Cyclone Braiger, Galactic Gale Baxingar, and Galactic Whirlwind Sasuraigar
- Invincible Robot Trider G7
- Strongest Robo Daiohja
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Metal Armor Dragonar
- UC Gundam series, including MS Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Char’s Counterattack, The 08th MS Team, and 0080: War in the Pocket
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Matchless Raijin-Oh
- Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo
- Future Robo Daltanius
- The usual Banpresto original characters and robots!