News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Project NEMO - The AC3 Translation Project  (Read 9291 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Project NEMO - The AC3 Translation Project
« on: September 04, 2009, 05:28:03 am »

Update By: DragonSpikeXIII

Greetings from Team NEMO!

Our project officially began a few months ago with the scope to have all media related to AC3 in English. This includes: the game's entire script, videos, guide books and booklets, the official website's commentaries and interviews by the game developers, etc...

We're still a small and humble team but also one with the drive to make this gem finally accessible to English-speakers.

Those interested are invited to check our current blog for news, updates and all kinds of content from and related to ACE COMBAT 3 electrosphere!

You can find our latest release here! In case anyone wondered, we do plan on implementing English subtitles into the game itself but we currently lack a programmer for that, so we'll be translating it first until we can find one.

Thank you for reading, Team NEMO signing off!

RHDN Project NEMO Page

Relevant Link: (http://projectnemo.net/)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:06:48 am by Nightcrawler »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Re: Translations: Project NEMO - The AC3 Translation Project
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:54:05 am »
Been curious about this for a while. Now I'll get to know what we've been missing. I've got the US one, haven't played it yet. ::)

Pluvius

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:38:33 am »
I'm more excited about seeing someone finally working on this than I was about the Policenauts translation.

I've got the US one, haven't played it yet. ::)

I wouldn't bother, quite frankly.

Lashiec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 03:35:31 pm »
Oh, the full, uncut version of Ace Combat 3 plus extras. Very cool! Good luck with the project! :beer:
tl;dr: I'm talking out of my behind and you should not listen to me

Rocket Science

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 08:36:15 am »
About time someone did a TP of this game :beer:

I actually considered hacking the game myself, but thanks to schoolwork and other projects I only got as far as taking a peek inside, so I wouldn't really be of much help. So instead, here's a little encouragement for you guys:

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:30:32 pm »
This sounds like it could potentially become an interesting project, if it's shown the same amount of love and appreciation that a lot of other projects seems to've gotten recently (not that there haven't been those in the past too, it's just that they seem to make for better headlines these days)

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:34:57 pm »
Can someone give me some background? I'm not really familiar with Ace Combat 3; was there some stuff that was cut? Why does it need a retranslation? The project's website wasn't very explanatory. :)

EDIT: Duh Spinner, how about checking out Wikipedia first. Here's what it says about it, if anyone else was wondering:
Released in 1999, the Japanese version is extremely story-driven, featuring anime cutscenes, detailed characters, and 52 missions, with multiple paths through the game and 5 possible endings. The Japanese version introduced some elements carried over to Ace Combat 04, including radio chatter between comrades and enemies, and intelligent wingmen. The American and European versions, released a year later, have been extremely criticized for removing almost all of the story elements, including all of the cutscenes, and cutting the game down to 36 missions.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:41:10 pm »
I guess it's alright. Only was $5. :)

DragonSpikeXIII

• Away
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:14 pm »
BRPXQZME's latest translation pack has just been released , you can find it on our website!

Enjoy!