News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Policenauts for PSX released  (Read 40358 times)

slowbeef

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Policenauts for PSX released
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009, 12:40:31 am »
Um...

You do realize the PSP emulates the PS1, right?

Yeah, I mispoke there.  I meant better than PC emulation (i.e. pSX or ePSXe.)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:25 am »
OK. My idea worked for Snatcher, so I'm not surprised.

slowbeef

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2009, 03:08:48 pm »
If you're serious about this, I don't mind taking look at the script and making corrections. Just PM me a copy of it and I'll go over it in my spare time.

I've been trying to figure out how to reply to this without further derailing the thread.

No offense, but I don't know who you are, and I'm not comfortable telling the translator that I found some guy on the Internet and he wants to proofread and change the script.  It's also an incredibly long script, so I think would take a few weeks to proofread - and either way - I'm still not comfortable with it.

Thank you for the offer, but if you do find anything you'd like to see changed, I'd encourage you to go to policenauts.net and suggest it there like everyone else.

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:29 am »
One thing's for sure, if you guys ever do a v1.1, I've promised myself that I'll make a better surface print than this!

I kinda forgot to make black black and up the contrast a little after scanning the original... I did however make white white, and I did add some minor nitpicky adjustments... such as removing the Japan Only text stuff + turning [ NTSC | J ][/b] into [ NTSC | U/C ], etc... But I could probably try to print closer to the edges (if there is a next time). Kinda missed a little as I haven't printed a label directly on a disc since... uhm... since... over 6 years ago.

But they still look somewhat nice next to their original cousins~

Corsair

• Celestial Crown
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2009, 08:08:34 pm »
Some people even want to go as far as to leave honorifics intact. :laugh:

I probably have no place in this discussion, seeing as I don't speak a lick of Japanese, but...
HONORIFICS MAKE ME RAGE HARD. And I'm glad I haven't seen any in this translation. It's always something that worries me. It's something I have no way to relate to and random interjections of -san -sama, etc. seem out of place in an english script.

Another thing that bugs me is when i see stuff like, let's just say Jack and Sarah are having a conversation about a particular personality quick that Sarah possesses:

Sarah: *does quirky thing*
Jack, to sarah: "Oh I love it when Sarah does that quirky thing! Sarah is delightful!"
Sarah, to Jack: "And Jack is a pervert!"

Talking to one another as though they were talking about each other to an invisble 3rd party. Like it never occurs to the translator/writer to use "you".

I just figured I'd take this opportunity to get that off my chest.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 10:19:30 am »
Just finished the game, and I have to say you did a mighty fine translation. Good work :beer:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »
This translation is very well done in all fields, I really have no complaints at all; I loved Snatcher and thanks to the people that worked hard to bring Policenauts to the english speaking audiences, I can say I love it too.