News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Console Tool (by Low Lines)  (Read 252668 times)

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
Re: The Console Tool (by Low Lines)
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:10 am »
Hey Low Lines I'm curious will DirectX support ever be something added to your program rather than openGL?
With Java, as far as I know there isn't like core support for 3D rendering (I could be wrong, there's a heck of a lot of Java to know everything), so you have to achieve it through plugins, or your own implementations. OpenGL is provided through a plugin called JOGL. As far as I know there isn't something like that for DirectX also but logically there would be some way of doing so just that's not in my area of expertise. Since I already have a working method of 3D so I'm not really concerned about looking into others right now, but hey maybe one day...

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2010, 08:08:12 am »
DirectX isn't platform-independent, so it probably won't happen.

cYa,

Tauwasser

Zerox

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »
Ah okay I understand that's fine. In that case I hope a new version with the capability to export the 3D DS models your tool is capable of opening to some other format is released soon.

I'm currently using your tool to produce screenshots from the models of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the Kingdom Hearts wiki. But I've found that I get better texture display outside the program in my own 3D programs. But to get them there is quite difficult at the moment. I have to use 3DVia Print Screen to capture the model and textures. This is good and all but 3D Via tends to either totally lose or make the UV map extremely large compared to what it should be. That as well as quite often losing which textures are assigned to which parts of the model. So I have to spend several hours fixing them just to get one screenshot.

I understand that this may not be your main focus considering your work on an editor for the models in their native format. But if you were to make this capability of exporting to another format, I would forever be grateful to you.

Thanks Low Lines for all you do.  :thumbsup:

Friedslick6

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2010, 08:29:29 am »
Wow Zerox, that's a smart alternative. I think I've found my temporary model export work-around  :D .

Zerox

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:39 am »
Well then I wish you the best Friedslick6. It's not exactly easy. And for some reason it doesn't appear to work on the newest demo of Console Tool which displays more models correctly. So it is probably best for us to just wait for Low Lines.

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2010, 09:23:55 am »
Well then I wish you the best Friedslick6. It's not exactly easy. And for some reason it doesn't appear to work on the newest demo of Console Tool which displays more models correctly. So it is probably best for us to just wait for Low Lines.
That would probably be because I'm using a lightweight container instead of the heavyweight one in the old version :P

Friedslick6

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2010, 03:55:03 am »
Oh snap, that means I can't rip the textures/models like I was hoping to :\ . Oh well, cool program anyway.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:00:42 am by Friedslick6 »

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2010, 06:00:12 am »
Hey guys,
I'm on my term (one week) break at uni right now, which I have been using to get my website back on track and up to date. In terms of this project, it will be used to keep track of updates, and hold all my documentation which I will eventually get round to uploading.

Here's the link... http://llref.emutalk.net/v2/

As you can see, it's completely different to the old website, with the main focus being making it more compatible and standards compliant than the old one, which although was nice and fancy, seriously lacked in. It makes heavy use of PHP to try and automate a lot of the work of updating for me, and also has some basic filtering of content already implemented.

If anyone has the time, can they look over it and give me feedback please!! I particularly would like to know how the overall look and feel of the site including navigation sits with people, especially with the XML document viewer which is used to display file structures in a tree format. You can post comments and stuff on there also, however I'm going to clear everything once I'm ready to replace the old site, so it's all fresh and clean.

I still have to add some Javascript form validation as well as some filtering options and probably rework my logo too, but other than that, I think the site is pretty much ready.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:25 am »
It looks a bit screwy on safari, unless the right updates box is meant to push down the website description :P but the overall visual design is very nice, inset text always gets a big plus in my book, good work :thumbsup:

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:33 am »
It looks a bit screwy on safari, unless the right updates box is meant to push down the website description :P but the overall visual design is very nice, inset text always gets a big plus in my book, good work :thumbsup:
What version of Safari are you using? Mine displays it fine...

It should look like this.

I haven't really spent a heck of a lot of time debugging for older browsers, since I'm going to assume that the only sort of people who will look at it are computer people who generally care about browser versions and stuff :p I also refuse to make it work for IE, even though it can be done, I'm just not going to bother -_-

[edit]

Clearly there are still some cross browser bugs though since the section arrow of mis-aligned and the email icon on the footer isn't displayed, but I'll get round to fixing those :p
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:24:12 pm by Low Lines »

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2010, 06:24:28 am »
I get this when I load the webpage from your link, other sections of the website look fine.

I find if I then click home it fixes a bit, but it's still a bit dodgy alignment wise:

I'm using Safari 5.0.1 on OS X 10.6.5

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2010, 06:37:36 am »
Hmm wells I just tested it on all Windows web browsers and none of them are plagued with the alignment issue...I guess it must be a Mac thing :( The closest thing I have to a Mac is a Touch and it doesn't have any problems either. This is why I prefer programming over web development -_-

Thanks for your info though, much appreciated.

[edit]

My guess is that there is some kind of global default to do with the width of the content that's not getting overridden on the initial load, probably padding or something. That's the annoying thing with floats, if you are even one pixel over, it pushes everything onto the next line -_-

[edit]

Or the fact that the right column is generated with PHP, I'm not PHP expert though, I just like the fact that I can cut back redundant html so I only have to edit it in one place.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:51:03 am by Low Lines »

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
    • None at the moment, check out my Last.fm page instead?
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:30 am »
I'm getting the same thing as Rhys in the latest Google Chrome in Windows XP.
Open Source Hacking Projects: Guru Logic Champ, Telefang 2, (Want more? Check out my GitHub!)

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:19 am »
I'm getting the same thing as Rhys in the latest Google Chrome in Windows XP.
Try it now...(fingers crossed)

Zerox

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:41 am »
I don't have any issues with your site displaying incorrectly. It seems to be nice and simple yet with the capability for easily giving new information at ease from anywhere on the site. In short it seems good to me.

I'm glad to see you have time for working on your projects for at least a little while. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new version of console tools with any kind of export function for textures and/or 3D models.  ;D

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2010, 12:39:04 pm »
works fine now, good job :thumbsup:

Koetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »
Nice. I'm using the model viewer, but how does it zoom in and out?

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2010, 06:38:31 pm »
This was answered a page back...
It works on a 3 button mouse system. Left button controls rotation, right button controls translation (up and down), and the mouse wheel is scale. Its down by holding the button down and dragging your mouse left or right, similar to Maya. It was set up to use the mouse wheel scrolling however sometimes caused an overflow of some sort so I disabled it for now.
Please do try looking through the thread a little first in case someone has already asked the same question. I know it currently lacks a decent How To guide, however it is a demo...

Koetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »
I tried everything except that...
What about these NSBCA files? When I open one, it always goes to hex.

Low Lines

• View Profile
    • lowlines
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2010, 08:29:04 pm »
I tried everything except that...
What about these NSBCA files? When I open one, it always goes to hex.
They're supported, just there's no interface yet to display them so it opens them as hex.

Just to re-clarify everything, here's what the program can do right now.

- It can open 3 types of models, NDS, Gamcube and Playstation (TMD) models, though only the NDS ones display properly if at all
- It can open NDS textures which has a basic interface for zooming, and toggling transparency, though there might be some errors with certain formats...

- It can open NDS Roms, NDS Archives (NARC), Gamcube ISOs (I think...), Gamecube Archives (RARC), and a few other Wii/Gamecube Archive formats including those used in the SSBB.

- It can export files from Archives/Roms which includes basic decompression support however it cannot covert any one file type to another

It may be able to do some other stuff, but other than the above, don't expect anything else to work, not in a form that's useful to users at least. It can open and understand a bunch more files but because there's not interface for them it resorts to opening them as hex, which again isn't working yet either... If you want to open more files, particularly those in the NDS 2D graphics area, use the older version.