News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Re: YouTube/Google Video thread  (Read 635695 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube/Google Video thread
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2013, 04:16:51 am »
I'm curious, why do so many hackers use Zsnes 1.51 over Snes9x 1.53 when demonstrating on YouTube?   :-\

Here's an example of one taken using Snes9x 1.53.

Final Fantasy VI - Stand Guard
Yamero~~!

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:12 pm »
An update from my homebrew game in Game Maker. I may be starting a blog for my game, and creating a thread for it in the Gaming forum when the time is right, that way I don't have to post videos in this thread anymore. But it is definitely worth looking at if you like Zelda and/or Resident Evil. This is probably my most ambitious project yet.

Inventory, Precise Collision & Sword Animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBB_HYVA0bI

Blood, Points & Level System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gIeTSe4GdI

Land Mines & Enemy Land Mines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQyUAfVjdAU

Overworld Areas from 10% Build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tRHhKjiyXI

Fairy Ponds not only restore your health to full, they also act as Save Points. If you have a Green Gem, you can save your game, much like the Ink Ribbons in Resident Evil. If you don't have a Green Gem, you're screwed. :P

The sword animation, while the idea is the same as Infidelity's, I drew all of the sprites myself, and Link no longer has the shield attached to him.  The shield is a separate item that you will pick up along the way.

The Points act as a different type of currency.  Similar to Dino Crisis 2, the more points you get, the more you can upgrade your weapons.  For example, you can upgrade your first sword to Level 2, which makes it a bit more stronger.  When you get the second and third swords, you can upgrade those as well.

The Level System will effect the gameplay as well.  The higher your level, the more likely you are to receive an extra heart container, and increase your attack and defense power by a point or two.

Other weapons coming soon! :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:32:25 pm by Rockman »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »
Did you get the Sword animation idea from infidelity's project on acmlm's board?

Though I must ask.  Is the step counter just for debugging purposes or is that staying on screen at all times?  That number changing non-stop can get pretty ridiculous at points.  Maybe have it as just a feature inside the menu itself?
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2013, 12:15:05 pm »
I wouldn't say I got the idea from him.  While it is the same idea, it is just something that I wanted to do, regardless.  I drew all of the sword-animation sprites myself.  If you notice Link doesn't have his shield attached to him.  The shield will now be a separate item.  I'm showing this off at the build it is at, because I may be upgrading the graphics, so I wanted to at least have some beta footage of what I did before the game really took off.  As for the steps, it may move into the inventory at a later time.  There is still plenty to code. :)

I updated the above post with more information.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:47:31 pm by Rockman »

TheSecretOne

• Devious
    • View Profile
    • For Your Hacking Needs.
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2013, 03:28:50 am »
It Shall Be Done.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2013, 05:13:37 pm »
http://youtu.be/ywkiwKfb61M

The translated intro for the Japanese version of Bionic Commando. I'll be doing another video later once I get some materials back I am expecting.

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2013, 06:52:10 pm »
typo : to resuce for to recue.

Also, what is 'Imperial Army' ? German Army ?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »
Essentially it's the Imperials, a neo-nazi nation. Then there's the Federation which are the good guys. They don't really give you a whole lot of background, but I'm assuming it's basically the same setup from WW2 with the Allies and Axis.

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:26 am »
http://youtu.be/VLuya_tEsv4

More AW: Days of Ruin feature porting, showcased in a video where I utilise it in an entirely silly manner.

Units building units, go!

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2013, 07:54:13 am »
Essentially it's the Imperials, a neo-nazi nation. Then there's the Federation which are the good guys. They don't really give you a whole lot of background, but I'm assuming it's basically the same setup from WW2 with the Allies and Axis.

On WW2, IIRC my History lessons, german army was not called Imperial but Wehrmacht (Defense Force). Imperial army would refer rather to WW1 german army.

FinS

• View Profile
    • nothing much
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »
youtu.be/BenvS3EVe0k

My hack to allow an 8th unique colored character in battle for Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. The difficulty lies in the fact that there are only 8 sprite palettes and they are all used by character avatars which leaves nothing for all the other sprite graphics. It will be finished soon.

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2013, 09:42:26 pm »
On the subject of Bionic Commando, a little bit of trivia about the remake (Bionic Commando: Rearmed);
While the game has plenty of original dialog and a slightly reworked storyline (new timeline for when the game's events takes place, some adjustments/additions for its sequels, mish mash of various regional and franchise specific terminology, and a good few jokes thrown in here and there); at the core of it all, is actually featured a completely fresh retranslation of the original Famicom version's script - before being adjusted/updated for its new setting - (iirc, the translations were done by one of the game's producers and also former member of Capcom's localization team, Gearoid Reidy).

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2013, 10:11:51 pm »
I think one of the things that made the original more endearing was the fact you are fighting Nazis and Hitler's head exploding. Without that I think you have an ok game that seriously needs a jump button. I also think it's silly to not explicitly state you are fighting evil Nazi scumbags and instead have to rely on older conventions and a wink-wink, but I haven't played this remake so I can't say for sure.

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2013, 07:40:05 am »
Hitler was still undeniably "The Leader/Master D" in Bionic Commando. (Graphics still being very much Hitler in all 8-bit console versions, rather than redrawn/altered, and in the remake they go out of their way to imply it in-game that it's Hitler. Only a few regional censored SKUs, such as the German version of Rearmed, avoids it -- down to removing the close up scene of his head exploding -- for shame ... an PEGI 12+ rating), but regardless of which version you're playing; you're never really fighting any good ol' Nazis in Bionic Commando (besides Hitler himself) as the main opposing force is Weissman/Killt's Imperialists/Imperial Army (Which in all but name is a sort of Neo-Nazi faction, I suppose.)

As for jump button in 2D space? Who needs them! You've got a bionic arm! Gotta give FatShark the thumbs up for how Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 has all its levels and secrets obtainable without needing to jump at all -- although the approach gets significantly different in many cases when you do take it that way (game even has a disable Jump difficulty setting and even a separate tracker that shows whether or not you've finished stages without using the jump feature)

Either way, will be cool to see a fresh translation of the Famicom version  :laugh:

Penta Penguin

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:21 pm »
youtu.be/jZDaJIG9U40

This was the first ever level that I romhacked for High Seas Havoc. Actually the easiest level to do so - Maybe I should do Burning Hamlet 2 also, if I have something in mind. Done using hex only.

FinS

• View Profile
    • nothing much
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »
A quick showcase of my Vampyre bugs.

http://youtu.be/1IdUahVvnuc

I thought I had them all laid to rest. Ah well, back to work!

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2013, 12:17:24 pm »
A video boasting the near-invincibility of Mike Trout in my Baseball Simulator 2013 Hack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZLYGLZtVs4

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:31 pm »
Kirby invades the world of Advance Wars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDhdRoo2R4

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:13 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOG4QNQTYM

Translation preview for Bionic Commando. The subject is the Geneva Convention among other things.

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2013, 09:26:53 pm »
Plot continuity!

How Advance Wars: Days of Ruin happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSO45OFhrI