News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Digimon MMORPG  (Read 3285 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Digimon MMORPG
« on: March 25, 2006, 05:09:26 am »
This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Rhys Cox

A fair deal of progress has already been made into translating this Korean MMORPG for the PC. All of the Digimon attacks have been translated, except for a couple which have recently been inserted into the game, all of the items in the game have been translated and are currently being inserted, and all of the menu descriptions have been inserted, along with a few less major things.

Since this game is updated every Wednesday it automatically overwrites the file which stores all of the Korean text, so I've had to create a patcher which will repeat the process of overwriting the Korean text with English text every week. I've also included language support for German and Netherlands which are currently in redevelopment.

In a week I'll be releasing a new version of the patcher which inserts the second block of items bringing the total phrases inserted count up to 602. I've also changed the file format it reads to know what to search for and what to replace it with from the INI file format to the XML format, this should improve efficiency a great deal, bringing down the total amount of time required to complete the patching process.

However, despite this good news I still feel that having more than one translator would greatly improve my chances of getting most of the text finished this year, as there is still over 600kb worth of it left. I also think that the patcher would be much faster if it was coded in C++ rather than Visual Basic 6, however since I only know Visual Basic this is all I can do. If anyone would be able to help me with either of these problems I'd be very greatful.

I would estimate that a good 22% of the text is already translated, and despite how long it takes to copy and paste the search and replace hex values I think I'm making pretty good progress so far.

No screenshots as of yet, but since only the text can be edited then screenshots don't really serve much of a purpose anyway.

Relevant Link: (http://s9.invisionfree.com/digimonrpgonline/index.php?showtopic=4071)

Ender

Re: Translations: Digimon MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:03:17 am »
I can't download the source. I try to register but I get "No available nodes" or something. Can you re-link the source somewhere else?

Thanks