News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Final Fire Prowrestling  (Read 3044 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Final Fire Prowrestling
« on: March 23, 2006, 07:39:14 am »
This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Fat Dave

Not much translating done this time, pretty much the same as the last patch. Just an experimental update for Final Fire Prowrestling to test some things out. I've personally had no problems with it, but you never know, as whenever I release something which I assume has no problems I always get an e-mail or IM pointing the obvious glitch/error which I missed.

The big addition to this one, which is the one I want thoroughly tested and any problems reported is that I inserted double ASCII characters over some of the Kanji, they are the same width as using 2 Shift-JIS roman characters and look just like them, but uses up half the space allowing for longer names for wrestlers, promotions and moves, which was always one of the big problems with this game. While it was an easy hack to do and probably not how it should've been done, it works well.

The other thing I did, which I probably shouldn't have, is replaced the FMW ring logo with a Pro Wrestling WILD logo. This'll be removed from the final version, but there's a reason this is called experimental. (I know I messed up the colours, again, laziness kicked in)

Look out for any problems with these features and some constructive feedback would be nice.

2 final notes: I know about the broken move names, I kinda rushed recalcing the pointers and messed some of them up. I'll clean them up for next time. I also need help with the compressed graphics.

Relevant Link: (http://pw-wild.com/deibu)