I am, as a matter of fact, working on it still.
I'm working on the physics engine at the moment,but I only have a small tech demo right now.
I don't have any of the PSP layouts unfortunately. I was working with them last year before my PSP died.
VGMaps.com has all the original maps, though.
For those of you lamenting the death of the ROM hack, I will say this: the GM version will have pixel perfect physics, and a huge roster of playable characters including many not present in Mega Man: Powered Up. It will also have several game modes as seen in MMPU including, but not limited to, Challenge Mode, Time Attack, Endless Attack and possibly 2 construction modes. There's no way I could have done all that in a ROM hack given my skill level with ASM.
By the way, there's also a new project title. "Megaman: Power Up!!"
OK. Small status update. Rebuilding everything from the ground up.
- Standing blink animation redone so it doesn't use a sprite with over 20 images.
- Facing mechanic redone from scratch to accommodate separate left & right sprites.
- Step animation before running added.
- Shooting animation further refined from original.
- Redefined global variables and constants.
- First step for configurable controls implemented.
- Changed default keyboard layout to 'A' for fire button & 'Z' for jump button.
- Reinsert my new jump mechanic.
- Refine falling code.
- Reprogram running code from scratch.
- Refine jump-shooting animation.
- Reprogram slide & climb mechanics so they don't use separate (unnecessary) objects.
Another demo will be out as soon as I finish all of Megaman's basic moves.