Some of you may know me from RomHacking.net and my Neo Geo Pocket Color translations (If you don't, no worries lol). I've been dying to mess around with this game. Seeing DoomBringer's initial creation and the others that followed made me want to continue the work. I just translated a few sections of text to mess around with everything. See the picture below. I believe the issues with the patching before was just silly instructions and lack of patching knowledge.
1 - Develop the patch file using .ips format
2 - Extract the four .FFX files
3 - Create an Iso or download the game.
4 - Patch the .FFX files
5 - Use Wiiscrubber to replace the existing files on the disc .iso
Here is proof running on my television, using NeoGamma as the disc loader. Don't worry about the added text after the name, I was just messing around, since I didn't have a font table in use yet.
The Font Table is SHIFT-J, so I was able to identify WAY more than what I thought. There are still come characters that don't show up such at the exclamation mark seen above, which is actually BB for the fancier "!" and 21 for the standard "!", both work though.Update:
I got ppf copies of the original patch from a Mod here, so I'll see what DoomBringer was doing, maybe I can release something more. I know the other guy got WAY further than what is listed in the DoomBringer patches. I don't understand why he didn't release anything.