News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Wii - Earth Seeker Translation  (Read 10388 times)

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
Wii - Earth Seeker Translation
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »
Hi,

Some of you may know me from RomHacking.net and my Neo Geo Pocket Color translations (If you don't, no worries lol). I've been dying to mess around with this game. Seeing DoomBringer's initial creation and the others that followed made me want to continue the work. I just translated a few sections of text to mess around with everything. See the picture below. I believe the issues with the patching before was just silly instructions and lack of patching knowledge.

1 - Develop the patch file using .ips format

2 - Extract the four .FFX files

3 - Create an Iso or download the game.

4 - Patch the .FFX files

5 - Use Wiiscrubber to replace the existing files on the disc .iso

Here is proof running on my television, using NeoGamma as the disc loader. Don't worry about the added text after the name, I was just messing around, since I didn't have a font table in use yet.

The Font Table is SHIFT-J, so I was able to identify WAY more than what I thought. There are still come characters that don't show up such at the exclamation mark seen above, which is actually BB for the fancier "!" and 21 for the standard "!", both work though.

Update: I got ppf copies of the original patch from a Mod here, so I'll see what DoomBringer was doing, maybe I can release something more. I know the other guy got WAY further than what is listed in the DoomBringer patches. I don't understand why he didn't release anything.

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: Wii - Earth Seeker Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:11:03 pm »
I think he did release something he claimed to be a 100% translation -he said text was'nt that big in this game- (I couldn't download it though), the four files as they are straight from the disk.
A mod from gbatemp erased the links and asked him to replace them with patches.
He didn't answer and has disappeared since then, with the supposed translation lost forever, which is a damn shame.
The thread there reads now "Mod Edit: Nothing was released or will be released"

Kind of like what happened with the Archaic Sealed Heat leaked translation. (no voice acting translated)
I wish the translators would give their OK for a patch release
I hear it was also removed because the patch had chunks of the original rom (which is in fact a limitation from xdelta)

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:48:40 pm »
I got the original files from the MOD (Cyan) from the post on GBATEMP.net (after I started hacking), however they are crap. Doombringer translated like .01% of the game and it's google translated. Plus the dude didn't know how to use a patcher. His ppf patches corrupt the ISO and the game fails to load.

I've done .ips patches and tested the game I'm doing with both usb loader and physical disc media.

I've actually started doing items and the menus themselves

I'll post pics soon

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:23:00 am »
IPS?
I guess if you're patching individual files one by one, but that format can only patch up to the first 16MB of a file, so it's discouraged from use in larger format games (CD-based, GBA, DS, etc.)

Doesn't bps have a multi-file patch format?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:58:46 am »
IPS?
I guess if you're patching individual files one by one, but that format can only patch up to the first 16MB of a file, so it's discouraged from use in larger format games (CD-based, GBA, DS, etc.)

Doesn't bps have a multi-file patch format?

IPS works fine, plenty of room, very SMALL files, though a lot of text.

ETCMESSAGE.FFX 95KB
FFXFILE.PAC 212KB
GAMEMESSAGE.FFX 21KB
SYSMESSAGE.FFX 24KB

I've managed to do a lot of translating for the options menu, items, and NPC areas. My main question is now, I've found the New Game, Continue, and Erase Save location in the SYSMESSAGE.FFX file, but When I translate them, they aren't translating on the actual menu, so I'm curious if these are located elsewhere and I've changed something else where in the game.... lol.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:23 am »
One of two possibilities:
graphics (no matter how they may look like actual text on-screen), I'd say use "Dump Textures " in Dolphin while the title screen or those lines are loaded to make sure, just in case.
or text stored elsewhere in another file... which may be compressed. I heard Dolphin has something to show which files are loaded from the iso but I don't know which one...