News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru Fan Translation Project  (Read 96319 times)

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
Re: Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru Fan Translation Project
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »
The translation has been finished for quite some time.
And no, the color hack is not currently compatible because Toruzz is working off the original game file. There's nothing stopping anyone from porting the translation over to the color version once it's done, however. :)

Scapetti

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2016, 06:23:16 pm »
The translation has been finished for quite some time.
And no, the color hack is not currently compatible because Toruzz is working off the original game file. There's nothing stopping anyone from porting the translation over to the color version once it's done, however. :)

Is he not perhaps talking about the patch?:

I haven't had a chance to read through and think about the recent lengthy posts yet. Since there is interest in an updated patch, I'll try to do that and also dig up my old stuff when I get a chance.

ryanbgstl

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
I recorded issues people brought up here.

If there are more, submit them at github or send a PM. I'm interested in fixing minor issues but translating with a different philosophy would need to be a new project.

I also tweaked the translation tool and made sure it runs  here.

For now, I'll collect bug reports on the translation patch. I like the idea of a "typo fix" release, but I'm going to wait and see given that some of the work Toruzz is doing could allow for other improvements.

I also wrote some long-winded thoughts about project history and translation philosophy which I put here rather than subject people to a 1000 word forum post.

subeng

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2016, 07:32:34 am »
LOL

l really like the " It's here our story begin!!!". Sounds a lot more epic that the alternative but it's kind of like a sentence from monologue   rather than a conversaton.