News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: SNES palette tools / tutorial  (Read 7233 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: SNES palette tools / tutorial
« on: March 19, 2006, 01:05:22 pm »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: FloBo

This is a set of some little commandline tools I wrote quite some time ago. They help you finding palettes within an SNES-rom and let you then extract them as a Tile Layer Pro compatible palettefile which can then be edited and reinserted into the rom.

No programming knowledge needed as well. Just follow the instructions of the tutorial I wrote for the tools enjoy :)

Relevant Link: (http://www.Digisalt.de)

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
Re: Utilities: SNES palette tools / tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 06:11:20 pm »
Operating System?....DOS......doh!
So many useful utilities on DOS. I have nothing against DOS itself...its just that it refuses to run right consistently on my weak system.

Dan

• View Profile
    • romhacklibs
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 05:51:59 am »
It sounds like it isn't DOS based, but just a Windows application with no GUI and only a command-line. Are you sure you actually know how to use the command-line?
romhacklibs - C# library for ROM hacking

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:42:16 pm »
I hadn't downloaded it when I posted that, I just assumed it wouldn't like my PC since it said DOS under OS in the download utilities page. I downloaded it now and it is a Windows command line only app, which my comp likes.  ;D
Ever since I got into this scene and realized colors could be changed, Ive always wanted to change a couple of my fave games' color schemes.  Hopefully this utility will finally convince me to take the plunge. I think Ill start with Pilotwings.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:07:12 am »
We've been labeling Win32 command line only utilities as DOS for the OS.  Mostly for the command line impaired.  Technically they ARE Windows based applications, but not in the traditional sense of what you would expect if you download a program labeled as being for Windows.

Does that make sense?
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 04:45:15 pm »
Yes.