News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Translation  (Read 76327 times)

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Translations: Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Translation
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 01:11:57 pm »
Edit: Forget it. Just use SNESGT or BSNES. I'm converting, I will never use ZSNES again. I'm tired of all the game-specific bugs.

Actually, don't count ZSNES out just yet.  Its next release will feature a new core that'll be a lot more accurate. (hopefully) :3

Yeah, but when's that going to happen? =P

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2008, 04:41:16 pm »
Hey, ZSNES may be released on a “when it’s done” schedule, but they’re more reliable than DNF.

</cheapshot>
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2008, 01:50:42 pm »
The prison is actually extremely easy if you don't play for speed. Just have all your characters block the entrances to the East, South, and Western. Let Lara go around releasing people and collecting treasure. I beat that chapter on my first try thanks to a dream I had. I actually got scared by others who said it was hard, but thanks to that dream, I trounced it without breaking a sweat.

SeekerOfPeace

• 美女
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2008, 07:15:49 pm »
The prison is actually extremely easy if you don't play for speed. Just have all your characters block the entrances to the East, South, and Western. Let Lara go around releasing people and collecting treasure. I beat that chapter on my first try thanks to a dream I had. I actually got scared by others who said it was hard, but thanks to that dream, I trounced it without breaking a sweat.
If you beat it on your first try, how did you know that guards would come popping up from the East, South and the West...?

Treachery is afoot.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2008, 01:18:49 am »
You mean block their spawn points.  I thought they'd just move around you :/

'Sides, that's as low as a Wars game and covering production tiles with your unit.

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2008, 04:01:07 pm »
If you beat it on your first try, how did you know that guards would come popping up from the East, South and the West...?

Treachery is afoot.

Isn't it kind of obvious where reinforcements would show up? Besides, one of them did pop out. The minute I saw him, I still had a little extra time to kill him and free the others. The 3 exits quickly tipped me off.

You have to block both squares in the spawning points. It doesn't matter if you characters are unarmed. As long as they block both squares, you'll prevent them from coming while kost as still unarmed. I went around looting with either Lifis or Lara and outfitted everyone before moving on.

'Sides, that's as low as a Wars game and covering production tiles with your unit.

I do that as well.

ExeLord

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2008, 06:21:17 am »
RPGuy96, thanks for translating this game I really like your translation
and enjoying it  :thumbsup:

SeekerOfPeace, there goes additional thanks to you for calming this
thread  ;)

My personal opinion is near to Suzaku's - for me is no difference who
made translation all the more so if it is good, the only thing I must do
is to thank them for their great effort and for chance to enjoy game
in language that I could understand  :)

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2008, 04:48:23 pm »
I am liking the game quite a lot too, am on the eighth chapter right now.  It's one of the hardest fire emblem's i've played.  I have only played the three on the GBA, though.  But all of those reinforcements that come near the end of the chapters are tough to get by sometimes.

I love difficulty in strategy RPG's though.
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2008, 04:20:27 pm »
I am liking the game quite a lot too, am on the eighth chapter right now.  It's one of the hardest fire emblem's i've played.  I have only played the three on the GBA, though.  But all of those reinforcements that come near the end of the chapters are tough to get by sometimes.

Three on GBA? Is there one I didn't know about? (Unless you're referring to FE VI, the one that was never released here).

I like it too, but there are alot of issues that I have with it. I even ran into an untranslated string. >.>

~DS

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2008, 05:06:37 pm »

Three on GBA? Is there one I didn't know about? (Unless you're referring to FE VI, the one that was never released here).

I like it too, but there are alot of issues that I have with it. I even ran into an untranslated string. >.>

~DS

Hey DS, yeah I was talking about FE VI, there is a very good translation patch released for it...(basically 100% complete) and it's a very good game, I recommend you play it!  It's a sequel to FE VII!  (yes I said that correctly)

Yeah I have noticed a few problems with this translation as well, but hey, I've been wanting to play this game for such a long time that I won't be picky!

Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Shaya

« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2008, 06:53:39 am »
I guess I should apologize for stirring stuff up, I meant no disrespect to RPGuy/Shaya, whoever did the bulk of the work here.

I took no part in the FE3 translation patch.

It was in the back of my mind as something to pick up if it was still not done when I was doing FE5 (I had many people asking me to do it, because back then I was a racing bullet when it came to releasing updates).

Other than that, the only thing I'm aware of that is 'mine' in this patch is my font. Which several people have commented on being nice, so I thank you. Check out that font and many others in the FE5 Translation patch. bzzt. Viral marketting.

Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the response that has been made to this release. It's a double-edged sword, Gid [whatnot] releases his, then Rpguy's hard work goes down the drain. People should of really tried out the patch before commenting the way they did. The pursuit for perfection by several people is beyond pathetic. Hell not even 'official' releases are always perfection. You get a system where one only requires knowledge of English and perhaps slight memory skills of certain unique 'graphics', and it's fine. Yet people complain. I truly doubt the experience of playing Rpguy's patch will be detrimental compared to Gid's.

Yada yada.

Thanks for contributing to the fandom Rpguy/Vincent, life is sweet.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2008, 07:41:29 am »
I've seen more than enough bad lines, gutted content, etc, from official translations.

You know how in Mega Man X4 where the Maverick name will be spoken when you begin one of the 8 normal stages? Well... X5/X6 did that too in Japan and perhaps Korea, but not the US.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2008, 08:26:18 am »
Yeah, I already have the translated FE VI. I tried playing it, but I can't really see myself getting into it. It took me years just to force myself to finish the ones on the GBA (though, having save states and super speed would probably help a bunch).

Maybe someday. Once I finish YuGiOh Sacred Cards and SRW OG 2.

~DS

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2008, 04:22:47 pm »
I'm happy for this, and will play it, I hope the translators/hackers know we appriciate this very much.

on the other hand I will still be eagerly awaiting the Aeon Genesis version and will also pick it up right away when it comes, don't give up Gid!

I'd really love to see you finish it.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Rai

• View Profile
    • The official webpage for my Super Robot Taisen Alpha translation project.
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2008, 03:21:27 pm »
Good job guys, ignore the haters. I'm doing a translation of the NES version myself and I'm interested in seeing how you guys translated some things.

Vague Rant

• Deceptively cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2008, 04:34:36 am »
Neat. I'm another who's been waiting for Gid's release, and while I'm sure that'll be great and all if it ever gets finished, I'm happy to use this one. Thanks.

EDIT: Err, scratch that. I can't get past the title screen. I've got 1.0 and 1.1 ROMs, I tried the 1.0 patch on the 1.0 ROM, the 1.1 patch on the 1.0 ROM, the 1.0 patch on the 1.1 ROM, and the 1.1 patch on the 1.1 ROM. I've pretty much exhausted all my options here. I'm running ZSNES 1.51, should I try an older version, or SNES9X, or what?

EDIT2: Never mind, I'll learn to read before I ask any more questions.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 04:56:46 am by Vague Rant »
I've got nothing to say, but it's OK.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:11 am »
I tried playing this using both PSP and DS SNES emulators. Neither work. At least the PSP one gets you to the map, but once you get into battle, hoo boy! Blue screen of death! : O
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.