11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Started by ddstranslation, March 31, 2008, 12:53:50 AM
Quote from: ddstranslation on August 19, 2014, 04:29:06 PMWhich games have those as the spellings? I've seen "Dormina" as the multi-target sleep spell in games as recent as SMT4, and have been considering changing that one. And it looks like the only other time the -rama or -laon spells appeared were in the GB Revelations game, though it was -rao instead.
Quote from: ddstranslation on August 22, 2014, 02:17:23 PMGood catch, thank you.For multi-hit weapons, the game seems to keep a table of each weapon's potential hits, with 4 entries each. So for example, a weapon that can hit 1-3 times looks something like (1, 2, 2, 3). It pulls a random number from the RNG and does a modulo 4, and then pulls the number of hits from that. So in that example, it's a 25% chance for 1 hit, 50% chance for 2 hits, and 25% chance for 3 hits.As far as I can see, no player stat affects the hit count. *Edit: I guess as long as I'm looking at combat... It looks like Luck affects accuracy. The game takes your Luck stat, adds 96 (60 in hex), pulls a random number from the RNG (between 0 and 255), multiplies the 2 numbers, then takes the quotient from dividing by 256 (or essentially, the high byte from 16 bits). Then that number is compared to the weapon's base accuracy (or more like, its miss rate), and it has to match or beat that number to land a hit.So basically, if you roll a zero from the RNG (which actually happened to me when testing this), you're going to miss no matter what. I was testing with an Aura Sword, which has a miss value of 10, and my character had 10 Luck.10 Luck means my starting value was 106. So that means I essentially have to roll a 25 or better from the RNG to land a hit. Which is like, a 90% chance to hit I think. I'm sure someone more skilled in mathematics can derive some accuracy formula from all this.
Quote from: ddstranslation on August 23, 2014, 06:26:41 PMI am planning to gather all my notes, tools and source code that I used for this project and will put them on the Romhacking Aerie site along with the official release. It is my hope that it might prove useful to those that wish to localize the game in their own language or to serve as examples for people interested in learning how to program.
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.