News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Translation + Font updates  (Read 3470 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Translation + Font updates
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:07:35 am »
Update By: Kitsune Sniper

After so much time slacking off, I’ve finally fixed two important bits in two different translations: Kid Dracula’s got the secret message put back in (do the Konami code at the title screen), and I also fixed Armadillo’s intro text. I can’t read, and I used two different names for the main character’s love interest in the intro.

Also of note is the first release of my Font Archive. Inspired by toma’s classic font archives (where my infamous KitsuneFont came from), I’ve begun a small archive of fonts that I feel would be suitable for usage in translations or romhacks. The archive includes eleven different fonts (in both NES 2BPP and BMP formats for easy usage both in tile and image editors). If you have any suggestions from any platform - as long as they’re 8×8 and I have the rom - I’ll see if I can add them to the archive.

Staff - You can get the updated patch for Armadillo here, and the updated patch for Kid Dracula here.

Relevant Link: (http://vice.parodius.com/)

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
Re: Translations: Translation + Font updates
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:03:42 am »
And if anyone cares...

http://vice.parodius.com/blog/

Keep an eye for future, minor updates there... at least until I figure out how to add RSS to Wordpress categories and you can get updates instantly.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Me_Dave

• Romhacking Psychoanalyst
    • View Profile
    • Kid Klown's KrazyNES
Re: Translations: Translation + Font updates
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 06:32:07 am »
Well looks like I got back here just in the right era of time.
And this font archive idea strikes me as the most awesome idea. Great idea by the way.
And I still got those unused custom nes fonts some of which are good looking fonts.
Most times I make my on font from scratch anyway. So I could care less if someone made use of them.
I will look at my filled blanked rom collections and send you a patch that will apply itself over smb1.
If I remember right there are only 3 of them but you will just have to see them. Am not kidding.
It might take me a few days to find them tho. All my rom hacking stuff is scattered right now.

Kid Klown's KrazyNES
They saw what the 600 Member's can do, lets show them what the 54,000 can do.