News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

My NES Translation Projects

Started by Pennywise, October 06, 2007, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reyvgm

Pennywise

So, I've been able to clear a few more NES games off my translation backlog. I was perhaps thinking that I wouldn't start anymore NES projects, but there are still a few games I'd like to do, which I will show off/announce later on when there's something to show.

Anyhow, I will probably finish up my translation of Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu next since that's basically finished.

And then I will probably work on my various GB projects and try to clear those off eventually as well.

reyvgm

Do you think you will ever translate Ninja Cop Saizou, which is the Japanese version of Wrath of the Black Manta.

The Japanese version has completely different cutscenes and a somewhat similar story.

Pennywise

BlackPaladin

Have you ever considered looking into the FDS game, "Matou no Houkai: The Hero of Babel"?  It looks like a fun Castlevania II clone.  (Yes, someone did make a Simon's Quest knockoff.)  Maybe that game might interest you somewhat.

Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work with your projects!

MD_Prometh

It'd be cool to see a full translation of Square's Tom Sawyer one day, the current patch only translates the first area.

Pennywise

Someone else is working on Matou no Houkai from what I understand.

I will release a PCE HuCard translation in the near future. My super old project for Mashin Hero Wataru aka Keith Courage.

KingMike

Quote from: MD_Prometh on June 26, 2022, 11:42:35 AM
It'd be cool to see a full translation of Square's Tom Sawyer one day, the current patch only translates the first area.
I get a feeling that's a game that, whoever translate it, isn't probably want to be credited for it.

One of those games where the demand is probably out of historical curiosity (and the Square name on the box) but probably a game to have expectations it might be quite offensive by today's standards (more than it might've already been in 1989 :P ).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Pennywise

I don't have a problem translating Tom Sawyer. In fact, it's the one unfinished NES project between aishsha and myself. We've obviously moved onto bigger and better games though. So who knows if we'll ever get back to it. It is mostly hacked, just needs to be translated.