News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My NES Translation Projects  (Read 155608 times)

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
Re: My NES Translation Projects
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2020, 08:58:26 pm »
I'm excited to play this when you finish. I have a strong tendency to want to start at the very beginning of a series and work forward, and the lack of a finished translation for the second game has been the main obstacle in me wanting to commit to the whole SMT franchise.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:37 am »
That's my same case with SMT, bro.  I'm awaiting so much that translation.  Thanks to pennywise and Tom that dream will be reality soon :beer: Those guys deserve so much of good in their lives.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2020, 06:15:33 am »
I'm excited to play this when you finish. I have a strong tendency to want to start at the very beginning of a series and work forward, and the lack of a finished translation for the second game has been the main obstacle in me wanting to commit to the whole SMT franchise.

Technically you can just play the remake, Kyuuyaku, on the SFC. It's translated, that's both the first and the second game. There are some differences here and there, but it's the exact same story/events. I will admit that I like the soundtrack and some visuals more in the original Famicom game though.

Fredde

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2020, 05:48:20 am »

That's my same case with SMT, bro.  I'm awaiting so much that translation.  Thanks to pennywise and Tom that dream will be reality soon :beer: Those guys deserve so much of good in their lives.

Yep, add me to the list of people who are looking forward to this translation for that particular reason.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2020, 04:44:39 pm »
Well, in regards in Megami Tensei II, Tom should be nearing the end of the game. Last time we talked, I believe he was at one of the last few towns in the game. Perhaps it will be released by the end of the year.

Incidentally, working on the game has shown me how much Shadow Brain(aishsha and I translated this years back) rips the game off. Still I had a lot of fun working on good ol' Shadow Brain.